We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Are these whitelisted ? - Anti Spam, Anti Bots Killer | Forum

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jul 24 '18

Hi there,

After installing your plugin my opengraph does not work, is it whitelisted ? if not can you perhaps add the Facebook, Twitter, All Google products like Youtube, Adsense, Search Engine, Maps and all, Hootsuite, LinkedIn, Bit.ly and Instagram Crawls IP addressess so it is whitelisted by default

The Forum post is edited by Webster Molaudi Jul 24 '18
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 24 '18
Hi SD,

I have problem to.

How to whitelist famous speed checkers like GTmetrix ?

Is adsense not working with this plugin? have not tested it yet....

maps is working on my site with this plugin i can confirm

facebook connect is working on my site to with this plugin i think...

Is this plugin loading a extern database (server) all the time ? (if that is the case i think it will bring down the load time on my website)

or what is update the bad boot database all the time?

Thanks

Ow-ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jul 24 '18
Matthias
Matthias Jul 30 '18
Just to add, I use this plugin and adsense is working just fine with it. 

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 30 '18
How do you add for make GTmetrix website online speed tool working?

please advice me

Thanks

Ow-ghost
Quote from Matthias Just to add, I use this plugin and adsense is working just fine with it. 

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Sep 10 '18
Nothing pisses me off when you support and buy Developer's plugins then after they get your money then they go silent on you when you have issues with their plugin. I mean spent my hard earned money to show support to this plugin then my opengraph stops working for Facebook, Twitter, Google and Linked and i have sent countless messages about this and no one bothers to answer.
Blaire
Blaire Sep 26 '18
Google/Adsense/Crawlers: I've never had issues with zbblock blocking the Google/Adsense crawlers and I use this now on two sites (one oxwall; one phpbb). Adsense would give an alert in their portal if their bots were being blocked from crawling.
If you need something whitelisted then search for their IP if the company posts it publicly and whitelist it..?

Gtmetrix issue: Yes, zbblock does tend to block those crawlers. With this plugin, you should be able to whitelist their individual IPs for their crawlers: https://gtmetrix.com/locations.html
You may need to purge a couple of files first before whitelisting. If you whitelist and it still doesn't work then FTP into your server you can go to ow_plugins > botsblocker > classes > libs > zbblock > vault

you can purge both ipddbd.txt & ippbdb.csv
(which need to be purged regularly or they get to be pretty massive files over time, FYI)
Those two files will repopulate automatically, no big deal. It was designed to be flushed out regularly. I just wish the developer would create a simple button in the plugin screen so I don't have to FTP in for it, but it really isn't a big deal.
The Forum post is edited by Blaire Sep 26 '18
You do not have permission to reply this topic