We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Killed logs - stopped working - Anti Spam, Anti Bots Killer | Forum

Matthias
Matthias Sep 24 '18
Hello,

since about 2 weeks, I cannot access the "Killed logs" tab within the plugin anymore. Instead of showing me the information, it just shows a strange, broken looking chat-window. 

I have not changed any settings on my website or server, so I am wondering if anyone else had this problem?

The plugin still seems to work and do its job since I don´t see an increase in bot-traffic on my website. 

Thank you for feedback.

Matthias
Matthias Sep 25 '18
Just to compare, if you have the same issue. This is what I get when I klick the killed logs tab: 

Blaire
Blaire Sep 26 '18
If you FTP into your server you can go to ow_plugins > botsblocker > classes > libs > zbblock > vault

you can purge both ipddbd.txt & ippbdb.csv
(which need to be purged regularly or they get to be pretty massive files over time, FYI)

They will auto-generated again. No need to recreate the files.

It always corrects this issue for me thus far.

The killed_log.csv & killed_log.txt files are there within that folder too and grow pretty massively as well (and should probably be cleaned off regularly), but I'm unsure if removing them will auto-generate recreation or not so I'm hesitant to remove them to test it on my live set up.
Matthias
Matthias Sep 27 '18
Hi Blaire,

thank you so much for your feedback and taking the time! I will try this, although I am also always a bit hesitant when it comes to changes on my live-setup. 

I do hope this gets the attention of Senior Developer. He mentioned that he is planning an update for this plugin a few weeks ago. 

Fingers crossed!

Blaire
Blaire Sep 27 '18
Hi, Matthias!

I've purged those 2 files mentioned a few times on two different sites; however, I COMPLETELY understand being cautious of making changes that you feel may potentially cause your site to go down. Downtime is a massive nono and I agree you should do your best to try to avoid it.
So, if you feel more comfortable, you can change the names of the ipddbd.txt & ippbdb.csv files instead of purging them right away. I've done this before where I've just typed the word PURGED or DEAD or even just placed an X in front of the current name. So they'd then appear as something like Xipddbd.txt & Xippbdb.csv. Your site really shouldn't go down or anything bad juju happen, but if some unforeseen thing happens and it does 500 error or something equally as troubling then you can go back to those 2 files and remove the name edit you had made and carry on as if you never changed anything. :)

I hope that helps you find a solution!
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Oct 20 '18
Hi, sorry for being missed for so long. 

Yes you can delete these log files and it will auto generate new log files. This is a way to fix this because the file is too big. I'm adding a new button to purge this log files.

Senior Developer.

You do not have permission to reply this topic