We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cheated. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla May 9 '19
I wish it sold so much. I do not know the others but I help people for free (my clients or not) with their CSS problems and personalizations ... and of every 20 only one has bought me something.I do not believe either that "a long list" is a computer problem, and therefore it is not a valid excuse to leave developers without protection by OxWall.
Quote from dave

Patricia, the problem with blacklists is that they get so huge that they become unmanagable or they do not get updated to take people off of them and it causes more of a headache than its worth. 

AppXprt
AppXprt May 9 '19
I have a client with 25+ domains from same IP using my plugins...

You think this is alright?

It can blatantly be abused, especially for OxHybrid, which will create a full android and ios app for each domain which would be a minimum of $1000 most places per site. Some places charge upwards of like $3K for build a mobile app..

At minimum it would normally be 20K to do 20 Apps... This is generally unrealistic though, so I literally get screwed over left and right on sales and creating multiple apps for people under one purchase...

It gets old quick that people try to get around paying anything at all..

Not really sure how all this is fair for me, but this specific client has at least recognized this and helped much more than any client has at all... 

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt May 9 '19
AppXprt
AppXprt May 9 '19
Also, SkaDate doesn't allow a client to install SkaDate except for the single domain for which they have a license.

So Oxwall seems to be extremely hypocritical here; they are not okay with this practice for their own business, but are perfectly fine with plugin developers being treated like this?

Generally speaking, I'm okay with a couple / few domains utilizing my plugins, maybe throw the developer a little more on top of the original plugin price, but there is a point where it just becomes inappropriate and just abusive.

dave Leader
dave May 9 '19
I agree it can be abused and i was speaking of 2 maybe 3 domains at most, 25 is certainly abusive but its also probably an extreme case.   That would make me mad as well and no i do not thing that is alright in that case. 

SkaDate has their own software license for their dating software which helps prevent this by limiting installs to one IP/Domain, but oxwall does not have that feature sadly. 

dave Leader
dave May 9 '19
Oh and by the way, one way around the 25 sites deal is to make them prove they are all his sites, as in he owns and runs them.  I used to have 27 sites at one time in my life and ill tell you it is not easy to maintain them all, so i would guess unless he is superman he does not run them all personally.   

Maybe you can do alittle fishing around on some of the sites, even contact them asking questions to see who owns them and then present your findings and let them know unless they try to make things right, or settle in some way that your going to pull the key.   

There are ways if you have the time to salt these dirty fish... :)

The Forum post is edited by dave May 9 '19
dave Leader
dave May 9 '19
Another way to do this is to build a routine in your pluging that when the plugin install is executed you can have the server send you an email with the domain name, data, and ip of the install.  

They can always find and comment out your code but at least for awhile youll know what domains they arer using for the plugin, and you can catch them at it. 

AppXprt
AppXprt May 9 '19
This is pretty much resolved already, client has paid..

Getting 20+ Apps in the Stores as we speak

LoL

Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer May 9 '19

Quote from Patricia Zorrilla Bcn

It has already happened twice.

Someone buys a plugin, downloads it and then goes to PayPal and claims his money with the reason "they have bought it without my permission".

What kind of motive is this?

PayPal immediately returns the money.

The last case:

[ *** removed by forum moderator *** ]

For 30 misables dollars of a plugin ...

PayPal does not provide any protection to the seller and the OxWall licensing system is child-friendly.

Then we are all surprised that there are no plugin updates, that developers abandon OxWall.

I am very, very angry.

The same user did buy from me and he said to paypal that he didn't authorize, he is trying to get away with it, lets see what happens. You are not alone in this.

Senior Developer.

The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Germany May 19 '19
Patricia Zorrilla Leader

Please, tell me the case number to open a joint claim. The data of my case are:

Quote from Senior Developer
Quote from Patricia Zorrilla Bcn

It has already happened twice.

Someone buys a plugin, downloads it and then goes to PayPal and claims his money with the reason "they have bought it without my permission".

What kind of motive is this?

PayPal immediately returns the money.

The last case:

For 30 misables dollars of a plugin ...

PayPal does not provide any protection to the seller and the OxWall licensing system is child-friendly.

Then we are all surprised that there are no plugin updates, that developers abandon OxWall.

I am very, very angry.

The same user did buy from me and he said to paypal that he didn't authorize, he is trying to get away with it, lets see what happens. You are not alone in this.

Senior Developer.

Patricia Zorrilla Leader

What makes me laugh a lot (Jajajaja) is that my plugin had a link to Messages (mailbox) that did not work in skadate (because it uses the latest version (10850) and in oxwall an old one is used (10800, both are in GitHub) and they are very different.

Now that I have it solved, it does not work for my plugin if it is not with OxWall that is what it is designed for.

Obviously I will not upload this "patch" to the store, lest I buy it for free. If someone buys it for skadate, I will pass it privately when the claim period ends.

Senior Developer Leader

I already sent to paypal all the data and screenshots as proof, I don't know what will happen but I did won all other cases before in the last few years.

The key to win a case is to have all the proof, screenshots is proof. He did install mine in his website:

Senior Developer.

Senior Developer Leader
And I know the user who bought is online and probably reading this topic, just for you know.

Senior Developer.

Patricia Zorrilla Leader

This person is more false than a coin of 7.

My plugin installed it in:

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
I have nothing to hide or shame or regret, he does.I am very angry!

Quote from Senior Developer And I know the user who bought is online and probably reading this topic, just for you know.

Senior Developer.

Senior Developer Leader
Please don't be angry, this happens all the time with plenty of customers, for one reason or another. Just be prepared all the time and provide proof when you need to, so you can have your money paid for your hard work.

Senior Developer.

dave Leader
dave May 9 '19

Quote from Senior Developer

Senior Developer.

If they keep doing this paypal will shut them down, i ran accross one of these kinds of people about a year ago and paypal already had them on their black list and gave me my money back in a few days no hassle. 
The Forum post is edited by dave May 9 '19
AppXprt
AppXprt May 9 '19
Well, one thing is for sure...

It's good to see all the currently active plugin developers talking together in one thread!

:-D

dave Leader
dave May 9 '19
Yes its good to see Sr pop in and everyone talking.  :)    Its probably hard to get internet connection on his yacht so far out in the ocean, times are tough   :)   
AppXprt
AppXprt May 9 '19

Now... We need to talk...

I want SFTP in Oxwall...

:-P

Senior Developer Leader

LOL dave, you got me.

I can talk about any topic, just not here please, open a new one and we can discuss any other thing in another topic for respect to the OP.

Another thing in consideration is to not waste too much time with the same scam issue, paypal is smart enough to know what to do to prevent scams and fraud. So after you provide all the proof, move on and keep doing what you were doing before this issue, make more and better plugins.  Just like ArtMedia is being doing for months.

I will post an update here to let you know what paypal decides regarding my item sold.

Senior Developer.

The Forum post is edited by Senior Developer May 9 '19
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »