We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cheated. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
AppXprt
AppXprt May 9 '19
I agree entirely, don't let it get you down, the first time it happened to me it took me down a notch and I didn't code of a couple of months, but you just have to move on...

I still haven't fully recovered from that and still in the negative, but screw it...

I'm just going to create plugins to the best of my ability as long as they make some money...

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt May 9 '19
Sumate
Sumate May 9 '19

Quote from Senior Developer Hi Sumate!

I suggest you to not tell in public how your extra security works (step 1 and 2) to avoid them to remove the extra protection layer from your plugins. Also, I'm not sure if is legal to add a backdoor in your plugin. I would call this a security layer instead, if no harm can be done with it and it is just another extra security step.

Senior Developer.

Thanks for the Senior Developer advice. Just inform that I am working on a system to avoid this.

Sumate
Sumate May 9 '19
My main language is Spanish, maybe I do not express myself correctly when calling it backdoor, I do not think it's illegal for my plugin to be verified also through my website for example.We developers are also shown the code of the assigned license , we can use this to our advantage. I do not know if you understand me
AppXprt
AppXprt May 10 '19
If you use facial recognition for this, it's considered PII.

Also note there appears to be a limit for plugins at 100MB.

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt May 10 '19
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla May 10 '19

To be webmasters and developers, it is unfortunate that you do not respect the topics and you start talking about other plugins, for how many websites a license serves ... this topic deals with the return of money to the buyers of the OxWall store.

I have made the proposal to use this forum to publish who scam by this method and there has only been one answer saying "it would be a very long list" (?)

Please open other topics for other topics. That is free and respectful.

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
You know that they are not going to install any plugin in this forum, and if we publish the scammers' emails they will delete them.The laws protect scammers ... I can take it. But OxWall is us. Those who move it now. Those who have already left, those who founded it ... They are gone. And they will not return. Let's survive. Let's devise something against these scammers, perhaps a joint claim with a long list of case numbers to PayPal, or another payment method.Let's talk about that.
Quote from OW-Ghost You need look at the start of the problem if not you can spend entire life try get money back all the time from fake people and fake paypal accounts ,fake ip ,fake email and the list can go on ......but if you not want a solution on your problem then okey

you not allowed publish any identity on this forum , all that i know....but you can do it if you feel you doing correct....

Im off this topic now......

Patricia Zorrilla Leader

I think you have not grasped the main idea, Ow.ghost. The problem is that this imbecile can continue to buy without paying. That is what I try to prevent.

The USD 30 ... after taxes and passed to euros, minus the PayPal commission (which takes care of the sellers so much) do not worry me. I can not even afford one day of the chlorine that needs my pool. OxWall is a hobby for me and as a hobby I love it. I do not need to work to live, I already have everything paid, my children married and my income for the businesses I set up. But this breaks the illusion to me. They are many hours to make a plugin. Look, the "case resolution PP-008-023-042-526" has just arrived. I do not collect my money. mkl.2527@hotmail.com wins., attached screenshot.

AppXprt
AppXprt May 10 '19
Paypal protects the consumer in most all cases, regardless of software piracy.

It's okay, karma will win in the end and it'll be alright...

Maybe we can all work together to build in better protections for all of our plugins?

I know Dave had some excellent idea's and I'm sure we could come up with something effective.

:-)

AppXprt
AppXprt May 10 '19
Ghost, please stop recommending horrible PII violations waiting to happen...
AppXprt
AppXprt May 10 '19
Yes, it may be "Allowed", but still must be sufficiently protected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You honestly are vain enough to think you know how those dating sites are storing those Bank IDs?

AppXprt
AppXprt May 10 '19
Hey Ghost...

I got a question for you...

How are those dating sites storing those Bank ID's?

AppXprt
AppXprt May 10 '19
I'm done here... You obviously haven't read anything I have ever really written to you in the past...

This type of data can't just be stored in with your "normal" data in your average database.

AppXprt
AppXprt May 10 '19
Okay, you always know best even over those who come from corporate enterprise environments.

Enough Said... Carry on...

AppXprt
AppXprt May 10 '19
LoL how do you verify if you don't store it?
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer May 10 '19
I'm guessing BankID login works the same as Facebook login, you store token only.

Senior Developer.

dave Leader
dave May 10 '19
This is exactly why i stopped dancing with Ghost, round and round and round so many times we lost focus on original topic and ended up chasing our own tail.   Ghost has been pushing for verification in oxwall for years because he wants it as a feature, that is why he is so hard core for it. It has nothing to do with this topic, it is a personal quest. 

SD and Pat are correct - this topic is about getting their money back and dealing with paypal, nothing else!   Anything else should be a new topic. 

This is why we can never accomplish anything as a group, nothing stays focused on the topic and nothing ever gets done. "idem stultus est"

The Forum post is edited by dave May 10 '19
dave Leader
dave May 10 '19
The fact is ghost that i never called you stupid or did i ever say that your ideas were stupid.  I may have referrenced nails on a chalkboard or a broken record and even possibly at one time long ago the word annoying, but i never called you stupid. 

All i said was the facial verification is another topic and should be started as another topic as it has nothing to do with this topic.  

If that offends you well as usual there is nothing i can do about it, youll just have to grow up and get a thicker skin i suppose.   

Have a good day Ghost... 

The Forum post is edited by dave May 10 '19
AppXprt
AppXprt May 10 '19
On the contrary, I believe Ghost is very intelligent and could even develop plugins if he devoted some of his attention to learning...
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla May 11 '19

Do not worry OW-Ghost that the issue is over. In summary: To other developers it has happened to them but they do not collaborate neither in opening joint claims nor in publishing here the emails of PaYpal of the scammers.

Discussing with PayPal I have been told that the term that a customer has to cancel a payment varies between 6 months and 5 years (depending on the bank issuing your card) and that they do not have or will never have any prevention system for this type of frauds.

Nor do I think that OxWall cares about our problems enough to change anything of the current situation.

I have already understood that the idea is to make very generic plugins so that many are sold and accept without protest that from time to time someone does not charge and that same scammer can continue buying, me or you.

I feel very sorry for those who need customizations of plugins, very specific plugins or custom work of any kind, but if the developer community has no guarantee of payment or even charging in advance ... This will not work.

Maybe you have to sell through Amazon or another similar, which does not accept PayPal.

Sumate
Sumate May 12 '19
Is there any way to block the fraudulent PayPal?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »