We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Problem: Blank page when logging in to the site. | Forum

Carlos Padilla
Carlos Padilla Sep 23 '19

After migrating my site, when I log in I am shown the blank page (Attached image), so I need to press the enter key to get the page into the profile. The same is true when I click sign out.

NOTE: On the other server was working correctly. 48h ago that I updated the DNS

Attachments:
  Capturar3.PNG (14Kb)
  Capturar1.PNG (14Kb)
  Capturar2.PNG (116Kb)
Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany Sep 23 '19
Topic was moved from General Questions.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Sep 23 '19

1. cron job run and working correct?

2. is there any errors in the 2 oxwall error logs?

3. is there any errors in apache error log?

4. is there any errors in php error log?

5. is there any errors in mysql error log?

6. check if you new server setup meet oxwall requirements

7. set "debug mode" in oxwall config file and load the page see if there is any errors show

8. check you have 777 permission in som folders and files for oxwall working good

9. check you have oxwall files and folders are placed in correct public html folder on your server.

10. use "developer tools" in your browser and look for errors when you load the pages.

start check this first and try look the last 0-40 errors and the date and time stamps. no need look for very very old errors in the logs

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Sep 23 '19
Marcus
Marcus Sep 23 '19
That is your php version
dave Leader
dave Sep 23 '19
Many times a blank page means you have a php error, did you modify any php code ?
Carlos Padilla
Carlos Padilla Sep 23 '19
I didn't change anything in php, the PHP version of my hosting is 7.1. Use to Hostgator
dave Leader
dave Sep 23 '19
How long has it been since you moved the site to the new server?   

And have you found any errors so far?

Did you use the same domain name?

Have you reset your plugins under your oxwall account here to show the new ip, it could be a plugin causing the error?

The Forum post is edited by dave Sep 23 '19
Marcus
Marcus Sep 24 '19
Please go back to php 5.6 case some plugings don't support above that
Marcus
Marcus Sep 24 '19
Pls anable debug mode it should shed some light on this issue
The Forum post is edited by Marcus Sep 24 '19
Carlos Padilla
Carlos Padilla Sep 24 '19
I changed the domain, changed it to "public_html / ow_includes / config.php" It's been over 72 hours since I changed dns and migrated from server.I don't know how to reset the plugins.
Quote from dave How long has it been since you moved the site to the new server?   

And have you found any errors so far?

Did you use the same domain name?

Have you reset your plugins under your oxwall account here to show the new ip, it could be a plugin causing the error?

Carlos Padilla
Shows no errors in debug mode.
Quote from Marcus Pls anable debug mode it should shed some light on this issue

Marcus
Marcus Sep 24 '19
OK rename htaccess file then upload a simple txt file with some content in it. Try to load the file by calling yoursite.com/whatever.txt
Marcus
Marcus Sep 24 '19
As I told ya before try to downgrade your php version to 5.6
Carlos Padilla
the result was this attached. But the problem still exists.
Quote from Marcus OK rename htaccess file then upload a simple txt file with some content in it. Try to load the file by calling yoursite.com/whatever.txt

Attachments:
  captura12.PNG (8Kb)
Carlos Padilla
In my dashboard, it only shows versions 5.2, 7.0, and 7.1
Quote from Marcus As I told ya before try to downgrade your php version to 5.6

Carlos Padilla
When renaming .htaccess, no pages open anymore. It shows that the page cannot be found. Only the login page is shown and the newsfeed. As attachment
Quote from Marcus OK rename htaccess file then upload a simple txt file with some content in it. Try to load the file by calling yoursite.com/whatever.txt

Attachments:
  caputurar13.PNG (55Kb)
Marcus
Marcus Sep 24 '19
That's normal. Rename it back to htaccess. From your test I conclude it has nothing to do with your hosting nor dns. It's clearly ho issue. Try to disable none oxwall plugings one by one. 
Marcus
Marcus Sep 24 '19
Try drop it down to php7
Marcus
Marcus Sep 24 '19
Check your error log located in your website root directory. Where you have uploaded that txt file
dave Leader
dave Sep 24 '19
For information - Go to store on this website and then My Purchases, you will see the reset link next to the ip for each plugin you have. Once you click reset, then the next time that plugin syncs it will update the ip.

I still think this has something to do with a php file error. 

Can you show us the content of your ow_includes/config.php file, hide the secret key and your db username, db name and password we dont need to see those.  

The Forum post is edited by dave Sep 24 '19
Pages: 1 2 »