We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Grant access to admin translation area? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
dave Leader
dave Apr 27 '20
Very well...
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 27 '20
I agree with you SD. I feel like a child the latest discussion i have with patricia and dave and i use words that i not use in 5 years in this forum. probably it is because i get tired jump on when all my goal was post 2 topics that was just about suggestion for 2 new plugins. nothing to harm anyone? i was chocked about patricia response to me

Patrica whent totaly crazy after first plugin "chat translation" that i did post and i was need repost that plugin suggestion because the topic was about me and about how good patrica was a developer suddenly?

then i post new plugin suggestion and dave first read the fight about me and patrica then he invite patrica again to this second plugin suggestion i posted and deny he did not see that me and patricia was make up a fight that patrica started for some reason that i will never understand.

If they not want develop why they answer my suggestions? ignore if you not interested much better

i feel the chat translation plugin https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/66644 is something you SD are good at because you have done many chat plugins already that add features to chat.

like the smiley plugin, checkmark read message plugin and lates i see a plugin that add dots when someone writing. but maybe hard make a integrated chat translation plugin? i think you know if that would bee possible or not because of all this chat plugins you created already

ow_ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Apr 27 '20
dave Leader
dave Apr 27 '20
and SD hope you are well also.   Here is rural Texas honestly if it was not for shortage of toilet paper and other paper products we would not even notice there was a pandemic. Very few cases here, under 6 in our whole county.  Down south many more because larger cities.
dave Leader
dave Apr 27 '20

Well ghost in case you forgot you used the F word to me not long ago, about 2 weeks i think, so 5 years is a bit of an exaggeration, but thats ok.  I just ask you not to use it, i dont need explanation as to why.  

And you dont get me mad at all anymore, i just feel bad sad for you because you are so defensive and angry all the time.   After all this is a oxwall site and you run skadate and so according to the rules there are no skadate questions allowed here and i will begin applying that rule to everyone including you.   If it was up to me i would have banned you long ago for breaking so many rules, and ross would have banned you too. But i guess maybe your lucky regarding the current status that rules are not applied as they were before all this.  Lucky you....

My suggestion, stick with skadate and leave oxwall forum alone....

The Forum post is edited by dave Apr 27 '20
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Apr 27 '20

OW_Ghost Please start moderating yourself and lets try to keep this topic as professional as we can. (some words like "crazy" are highly offensive in some countries).

Chat translation, well yes, it can be done, but how much and how long it would take to make it? Well it depends, for example for making it compatible with PWA and APPs, there is only one way, that all translation are done with an api in the backend to the user's current language, but there is no way to make the user know that was auto-translated, one possible way to fix that is display both messages, original and auto translated at the same time. The main issue is that there is not much that we can do to change the APP without editting the source code, or at least I haven't found the right way of do it, maybe I will in the next few weeks maybe not, who knows. I will answer to this request once I know for sure.

I'm glad to read that you are ok. We are doing well, the pandemic is not so bad in here too, in other cities from my country it is bad, real bad. I hope this ends soon.

I do not agree with your last suggestion Dave, let me explain...

There is people that ask questions about support for their skadate software and they must be forwarded to skadate's support, they paid for it. Now, requests for new features or plugins that can benefit both Oxwall and Skadate, I think that it should be allowed because they buy their plugins in here.

I did read another user in the forum who installed Skadate and did not work so well in his server, I don't know if he has a valid  license so I did choose to not answer or help, maybe he has it, but latest updates of Skadate fixed that already, so... I decided to stay away from that topic.

Senior Developer.

The Forum post is edited by Senior Developer Apr 27 '20
dave Leader
dave Apr 27 '20

On topic,  the user permission is not an issue. You dont have to give them permission to the language page (dev tools) you can just give them permission to the plugin and let the plugin do the work of reading and updating the lang files. 

Now the next thing is to decide how the new data input is going to be applied.  It can be done via cron of course, or it can be sent to a approval process which the  super admin can approve of deny.

However in the case where the super admin does not speak the language they will have to trust that their other admins and moderators have read the changes.   I personally dont think i would ever add any language that myself or one of my admins or mods did not speak, it leaves the door open for solicitation and malice.

I feel the ultimate decision to update the lang files should be with the super admin.  

You can always copy (or use in place) the currrent process of exporting and creating a language zip file to be imported back into the system once editing is done.  

In the end i dont see any need to give them direct access to the live langauge data, im thinking it would have to be some kind of hand off from them to a approval system then to the database. 

So you may have to create some plugin tables to hold the data until approved. 

Also i believe that super admins should be the only one to add the primary language option itself. In other words i would want only super admins to create a french language option, then the plugin could fill in the keys with the super admins approval.  But to have users or anyone else but super admins creating language options that they may not even want to support is looking for trouble IMO.

So with that i feel they should only have limited access to only add keys and values to what is already available. Meaning to edit not add.

Just my penny in thoughts...

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 27 '20
dave you never called me anything bad?

i think everyone laughing right now that follow you and me in this forum.

you are lie so much that you can not handle all lies

but when you speak bad words you try make admin delete the topic because you have speaking 100 bad words to me as long i can remember on this forum....and deny it if you want because this is your personality...im best im good no one better then me and i perfect....

you talk so much bad things that i can not handle in one message all bad things you say about me

read what you write to me..,.. i should leave this forum and you would love if i was suspended 

something wrong with this guy ....he rather take side someone that want kill 1000000000000 people in corona then take my side...that says alot who you are...

sometimes it is okey help skadate people and talk to them in this forum but if other do it i not happy.....oh my god....is this a big joke or real?

now you tell you friend pricilia that she should stop talk about skadate and sd to BUT you shit in you pants tell them this straight n they face.....you can only tell me this on this topic .....loooool

please stop bee a woman bee a man and speak to Percilia and SD that they should leave this forum because they speak about skadate and support skadate ....

skalfa own this forum and actualy they have always been my friends in 6 years even that i have complaint alot to them they never stop speak to me or suspend me like you want

the words you speak after i tell i speak like a child and say sorry is very bad and show what good speaking man you are

one more funny thing...this guy dave he recently update his plugins for support skadate ...is he for real i start ask my self

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 27 '20
Now to reply SD about "chat translation plugin"

"display both messages, original and auto translated at the same time"

yes that would bee great if possible make it like that? i know you are master in chat plugins addons already :) I have seen some community apps have chat translation and same with dating sites. they just need pick what language they want translate the message in.

one developer already created a chat plugin that looks good but it missing many importen features.

- Free translation usage (if possible)

- Support many languages

- Skadate mobile app friendly

dave Leader
dave Apr 27 '20

Well ghost all i have to say is that your are out of your mind.  First i dont know where you get your information about my success (like its your business to start with) but the fact is that i have been hugely successful.   Also my plugins have always worked with skadate, my updates have nothing to do with that, i was adding features for users or fixing a bug, check the change logs!

I have never ever used profanity toward you or anyone else on this forum. Prove me wrong, find a post where that has happend, you wont because they dont exist.    You are just absoluetly nuts is all it is. No matter how i try to help you, you always think im trying to sabotage you in some way.

The fact that you should have been suspended long ago has nothing to do with my personal feelings about you. The fact is that you broke so many rules that you should have been suspended and that is a fact, not personal, but business.  But you seem to think i have some personal interest vested in this, i dont, its business. 

Oxwall has been and will continue to be a hobby of mine.

So stick to the topic because you have no clue about me obviously.  And by the way i am awesome, and i am great! I strive for it, so live with it....

Fred Smith
Fred Smith Nov 13 '22
It`s interesting! But why not just use some online service like Google to translate the chat? Although I'm used to using another online platform to translate yoruba to english for my course project. In fact, it is not so difficult and even convenient. The translation is based on artificial intelligence so that the text is quite human and lexically well-built.
The Forum post is edited by Fred Smith Nov 15 '22
carson
carson Sep 24 '23
Garage door repair is a vital service that ensures the safety, security, and functionality of one of the most crucial entrances to our homes. When faced with issues such as a malfunctioning opener, broken springs, misaligned tracks, or sensor problems, professional repair technicians play a pivotal role in diagnosing and resolving these issues efficiently and effectively. These experts possess the knowledge, tools, and experience to not only address visible problems but also identify underlying issues that may compromise the door's performance and safety. Timely garage door repair is not just about convenience; it's a matter of safety and security, ensuring that the door operates smoothly and securely, protecting our homes and possessions. Furthermore, a well-maintained garage door contributes to energy efficiency and curb appeal. In essence, garage door repair services offer peace of mind, convenience, and the assurance that this vital entry point to our homes functions optimally and securely.
Pages: « 1 2