We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Is it possible to turn off the automatic blacklisting please - Anti Spam, Anti Bots Killer | Forum

Dean Baldwin
Dean Baldwin Jun 11 '20
I feel this feature does not work as well for me and would like to turn this feature off as presently I have been just adding the IP's to the whitelist which is getting tiring. 
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Jun 11 '20

Hi Dean Baldwin!

You can add this range to the WHITELIST, this will disable the blacklist and the auto-blacklisting as well. 

0.0.0.1-255.255.255.255

However I do not recommend it because if there is some bad bots in the blacklist, they will be able to watch your website again.

I will update this plugin in the next few weeks, it will include new auto-blacklisting rules and a switch to disable auto-blacklisting.

Senior Developer.

The Forum post is edited by Senior Developer Jun 11 '20
Dean Baldwin
Dean Baldwin Jun 12 '20
Thank you for this. How do I know which are bad IP addresses and which ones I should whitelist?
Dean Baldwin
Dean Baldwin Jul 8 '20
Hello,

When will the update be complete?

Kind regards

Dean

Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Jul 27 '20
There is a new update that includes new signatures.

Almost all of the IP that are listed in the killed log are the ones that you should blacklist, after several attempts, they get auto-blacklisted, some bots try to make the website think they are google or they come from amazon web services because they user amazon servers, real users never come from there, amazon never crawls your website either.

If you find a false positive and a real user is being blocked, please report it to know why and fix it on next update.

Senior Developer.

Dean Baldwin
Dean Baldwin Jul 28 '20
This is great,

I have installed the newer version and have been setting this up. Looks different with different headings. The first tab: Below. Is this for the URL blocking as it doesn't say,

botsblocker+minimumSelect01234567891011121314151617181920Block always
botsblocker+fromwho

•  botsblocker+newusers
  •  botsblocker+allusers

Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Jul 28 '20
Could you please send me a screenshot in private message? 

This should be displaying the correct language texts, I don't know why is not displaying it, maybe you need to rebuild the cache to make it display the correct language keys, or if you have more than one language installed, you need to add the translation to the other language because only English is included in this plugin.

This settings are for blocking links from real users and bots, when they make a new account, they need to post anything several times before they can post links, otherwise their post is not saved.

The admin can choose if this rule will apply to all the users, or new users only from the day of this plugin's installation.

More features coming soon.

Senior Developer.

You do not have permission to reply this topic