We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Code Whacker is doing review on Plugin's in the Oxwall store | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Bob (Coder Whacker)
The site was and is set up exactly as my clients?

What is worrying that you stated you have to go back to step one and reprogram your plugin. Can you tell me why is a math equation in certain conditions what conditions?

Now here we have a oxwall 1.5.1 set up correctly, the clone being set right, mail operates perfectly. Oxwall is at home/public_html/newscy. on the client site Oxwall 1.5.1 is at home/public_html/personbo Are you telling me the plugin equations do not work on perfect installations?  Please don't fob me off.  This is exactly why there is a need for quality control.

Yes there is an argument of differences here you may be able to fob of those that have no clue to coding but please don't try that on me.

If it needed a script change I can handle that. What do i have to do to get the equations working and why was this plugin sold if it has problems with a standard oxwall 1.5.1 install. yes I do know you have some brilliant scripts that work perfectly. Well done with that but i did have a client moaning and I followed up the problem. 

Bob (Coder Whacker)
Do you want me to look at your plugin to get it to work? As that is may be what I should be doing and i am very capable to do just that.
The Forum post is edited by Bob (Coder Whacker) Feb 3 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I am the creator of the plugin and I know how to fix that :) I am sure you are capable of doing many other things :) but its find in this case.
Quote from Bob (Coder Whacker) Please don't fob me off.

There is no necessity for me to do that.

I would not want my clients to do the work if they bought plugin from me. I am the developer and its my duty to provide support for that.

I am not sure why you take these things too personally and insult me often.

The particular situation is that when the privacy of newsfeed action items differ.
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Bob (Coder Whacker) Well done with that but i did have a client moaning and I followed up

I do understand and confirmed that its a bug in my plugin. I did not deny it. You are welcome to report the bugs. I will fix that and have it in store once I get well from sickness.

But what I did not like is that I am being criticized personally again and again for that minor bug.
SL
SL Feb 3 '13

Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam Support is welcome. But it does not mean you have to live with non-working plugins and bugs. If your find bugs or issues you are welcome to report to me as long as its constructive feedback instead of being accusive and blaming and so called threatening. Thats how I work and that's why my clients like me. I am not sure about other developers. Paul does good work too.

no one is perfect in the world, even the gods made ​​it still reviled by creatures. The only one I know about you,... you have been very helpful here by always aktive and help your cliens and other users....You've been very open to receive the report from your customers...but you also have the right to refuse this testing ....even though it is as a customer, I really want if you accept all the challenges testing of your plugin (must of course be a fair test)
The Forum post is edited by SL Feb 3 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thanks Raden for your kind words and understanding.

I am still open to all feedback and suggestions and not threats and insults who do it for some benefits.
Bob (Coder Whacker)
So your on line and sick now Purus, now I am really wondering why its more important for you to get access to my clients cpanel account than the my test site on the same host.  i really do need to talk to Emil on this issue. because it is really worrying.

I really do care about data protection and will advise all those here not to let anyone into their cpanel. Till Emil states it okay.  It does not mean how helpful anyone here is when it comes to your data you have an obligation to your member to protect it. It was something i expected was going on.

We do really have a big problem here.  
The Forum post is edited by Bob (Coder Whacker) Feb 3 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Yes. I am slowly recovering and replying to my clients. But why you are concerned about that? Again doing policing work?

Yes Please. Talk to Emil and we can discuss over that. I totally does not understand whats the relation to our discussion and sudden inclusion of this data protection topic. whatever it is we can discuss on that with the concerned Oxwall team.

I also want this to be taken to Oxwall Team as I can not tolerate being insulted again and again.
The Forum post is edited by Purusothaman Ramanujam Feb 3 '13
Bob (Coder Whacker)
This is all in Emil's hands now as data protection is very important. 
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Yes. I do understand and we can work together to arrive at a solution.
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Its actually a case of Oxwall making a policy that will protect consumers and its more important than ego's and there is a problem here that only Emil can deal with. As its to do with data protection.

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Yeah. If there is such any policy, it has to be followed and it that case many members will not be able to get help from Aliia who is supporting and solving their issues by accessing the cpanel.
Bob (Coder Whacker)
We are not talking about anyone employed by Oxwall as they are bound by contract to Oxwall. As I said This is all in Emil's hands now as data protection is very important.

Purusothaman Ramanujam
We are not talking about anything that is not currently a policy or contract. Lets wait for the oxwall team to get back on this. DOT.
SL
SL Feb 3 '13
This is the title: Code Whacker is doing review on Plugin's in the Oxwall store......
Dot spears
Dot spears Feb 3 '13
I really do not see what all the fuss is about Peruso has been helpful and kind to me and others on here, and does know what hes talking about as for the data protection i get what your on about! but to be honest do you think oxwall would allow developers like peruso to submit plug-ins and give advice etc if they didnt trust them at the end of the day it comes down to trust! its not fair to target just one person on here and could come across as bullying sorry dont want to offend anyone but from the outside looking in to me its as if one person is getting targeted here Peruso has helped a lot of people on here with advice when no other person was willing to give it or help!
SL
SL Feb 3 '13

Quote from Dot spears its not fair to target just one person on here and could come across as bullying sorry dont want to offend anyone but from the outside looking in to me its as if one person is getting targeted here Peruso has helped a lot of people on here with advice when no other person was willing to give it or help!
So let the developers decide if they are willing to use this offer or not...cause of this is only come from Code Whacker not from oxwall team or OSCL Team or something from oxwall...

I still believe they will check all the plugins that are registered as well as they maintain the quality of the oxwall software itself..
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Raden So let the developers decide if they are willing to use this offer or not

I am open and okay for that.

But I can not accept when someone uses my plugin illegally and creates reviews for the plugin.
cit27
cit27 Feb 3 '13

Quote from Raden So let the developers decide if they are willing to use this offer or not...

I must say if you are right about that ....

cit27
cit27 Feb 3 '13

Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam But I can not accept when someone uses my plugin illegally ..
I can also accept this reasons as you have a right to your plugin code secrets...
In my opinion
You should speak privately to Bob about your reasons... how your plugin can be tested and reviewed if you accept the offer, if not, then ignore this topic
GTranslated
The Forum post is edited by cit27 Feb 3 '13
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »