We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Code Whacker is doing review on Plugin's in the Oxwall store | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Bob (Coder Whacker)
I also have the right to buy and test. If the plugin does not work. But as I said its in Emil's hands because really at the end of the day its his views that really count and again this concerns Data Protection Acts. What I actually see as a possible future is Oxwall.fm taking complaints in about clients problems with plugins. Then Testing the plugin stringently then only issuing a quality badge and the rights to sell in the Oxwall store. So really this is a issue that Emil should take up and I really then have no need to be involved. I actual do not want to be involved. 

Bob (Coder Whacker)
But I am still testing and reviewing it really does not matter what is going on here developers can get involved or not get involved. I am just informing them we are doing reviews on Code Whacker. Most will be please with that.  
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Bob (Coder Whacker) I also have the right to buy and test.

Yes. I agree. But you did not bought the plugin for which you are accusing me.

I totally support your work on review and I am with you on that. But that does not mean you can insult me for a bug in a plugin that you did not legally got.
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Feb 4 '13
Wow... Purus has hands down been the most helpful developer on oxwall! I have contacted just about every plugin developer on oxwall there is, as well as hiring off of freelancer.com. If there is a problem he fixes it as soon as its brought to his attention! If you don't like it ask for a refund and you'll get it. Stop stealing his plugins and stop giving him so much shit! This is directed to the community not just a single person or two. Once again if you don't like his $10 plugin then go to freelancer.com and pay $250-$1000 and have it custom made. I swear I've never heard people complain about open source software so much in my life its rather pathetic! 
Oxwall Accessories
Also Bob we have this forum to discuss the plugins here. We have a rating and review system as well. I don't really see the need for a separate site to do this especially if its going to cause this much issues. I do however appreciate your work as it can be rather helpful and I am in no way putting you down sir! 

Purusothaman Ramanujam
I am not accusing Mr.Bob of stealing. I am sure that a man of such experience and a man who says about suing developers for a tiny bug, knows that its illegal.

I am saying that he is using my plugin which was actually to be used for his client. After his work is completed with his client, he should no longer use that plugin for his purpose for review or having installed in his test server.
Oxwall Accessories
Thats between you guys! As I've stated this is more for the community as a whole. Even without any plugins a script like oxwall would cost thousands to have developed. It just seems sometimes that people around here are very unappreciative and ungrateful. I've probably been guilty of this myself. but sometimes I think they tend to be a little hard on ya purus as you always go out of your way to help people around here and you don't always have too. 
SL
SL Feb 4 '13

Quote from TattooBoy Also Bob we have this forum to discuss the plugins here. We have a rating and review system as well. I don't really see the need for a separate site to do this especially if its going to cause this much issues....

thats true
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Feb 15 '13
Code Whacker is pleased to announce that Exaspian Studios wish to carry out professional reviews. This is whats really needed I personally like their format and sense of fairness. Though members of Code Whacker can do their own reviews my own interest is in Exaspian Studios reviews and it would be nice if all plugin developers accept their services.

Rik
Rik Feb 17 '13
I don't have problems with direct communication concerning small problems. So if something not works right with a plugin i ask the developer. Never left dissapointed with no solution. So Bob i think you should stop using this forum to demonize a respectable developer.

I deleted my profile on your code whaker site, what kind of control freak are you? Sing in with facebook and than give me 2 stars for my profile and try to force me to fill out all the  questions? Talking about privacy...
The Forum post is edited by Rik Feb 17 '13
Exaspian Studios
Exaspian Studios Feb 17 '13
Quote from Den http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/8781?page=2#post-44252

I responded to this post, just so everyone knows.

Forgot to mention that I mean that post will all due respect! :) I just like what I do.

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/8781?page=2#post-44254

Tran
Tran Apr 18 '13
This thread is 4 amazing pages long. Thank god give me a chance to live in this world to read this topic.
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Apr 18 '13
I have gotten great support from Purusothaman Ramanujam regarding a problem with a plugin where I know he has put in a lot more time than the $10 that I paid him is worth.  

He also offered my money refunded if I did not want to wait for him to fix everything.

Steve Winter

Rahul verma
Rahul verma Apr 18 '13
dear ow friends & respected bob i think every oxwall member have a right to give an idea on each topic ,if not all member simply delete my post thanks

bob i saw your profile , it is really honorable thing for me that i have gotten a chance to reply such a great old senior person like you .you must have a hub of knowledge of programming and languages . 

i agree with you in review things,  but as a developer Jr,  i would like to say that what about simply buying a plugin n test it n post reviews on ow forums ? caz when i get truble i simply login to forums n search , i think all ow users do it.

why not let the user buy it n keep in touch with dev. as it was going on ? 

and 

instead of testing plugins and wasting time on these discussions if experienced guys like you browse oxwall forums and work on problems of newbies like me as i shown here  ,will be more great full and all new ppl will love you guys.

if a person/team can test plugin's code & etc . then it is very easy to find out why errors happening, 
if you want to do something for oxwall users & want to provide all oxwall user a great support i will request you first workout with the base problems , 

what we will do with plugins when our oxwall core is not working properly 

many people like me are just waiting 24 hours and keep checking forums to get a reply on our problems  .

trust me it is more important and beneficial than  testing plugins and writing reviews .. 

rahul verma 

The Forum post is edited by Rahul verma Apr 18 '13
Rahul verma
Rahul verma Apr 18 '13
i will also say please do not play with developer's developing spirits , if you remember the last discussion on a plugin caused a lot of removal of very important free plugins from plugin market. no new user will able to get them again .

AND i have debug problems with that 3 plugins. TELL ME NOW WHERE I SHOULD GO AND ASK FOR SUPPORT ???

as they are removed from store i have no rights to spams in someone's mailbox ..

WILL THE GUYS WHO WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR  THOSE PLUGINS ARE REMOVED WILL PROVIDE ME SUPPORT? OR THE TESTERS?

MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Apr 18 '13
I think developer's deserve more respect. I have see so much go on the last week it  saddens me. We have lost some great programs, and this effects Oxwall over all standing and performance. And for those of you using plugins and didn't pay from them. I hope the developers find a better way to track the plugins and who uses them. I'm sorry but some of you beat up on one or two persons for no  reason. I don't see you going after and talking to Microsoft for all the programing errors they have. Geee people grow up.
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Apr 18 '13
Developers have to earn respect, I am concerned for the clients and the quality including the help and support.   
Joe Gekko
Joe Gekko May 6 '13
I've had my share of issues with plugins, but I have received support when I needed it.  It may not have been the most speedy responses, and yeah, a bunch of back an forth correspondence in general, but when I had to raise an issue with any of  Purusothaman's work, he was Johny on the spot.  He has earned my respect.
Steve Winter
Steve Winter May 6 '13
Quote from Joe Gekkol, but when I had to raise an issue with any of  Purusothaman's work, he was Johny on the spot.  He has earned my respect.

What he said!  Yes!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4