We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Social Share Image Defult Not changing on fb... | Forum

tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 13 '15
if you paste the link in facebook you get right image but use the share buttons give me this

tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 13 '15
just revert back the plugin and will all be good 
as does not matter how much proof you show oxwall they wont do anything 
i tryed post the problem here and even on the plugin forum but it just got moved to custom code mod 
ross Team
ross Nov 13 '15
Tammy, did you try to share my profile and group page, what do you see on FB wall?
The Forum post is edited by ross Nov 13 '15
ross Team
ross Nov 13 '15
So the only issue is that you see wrong image or no image in the sharing popup?
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 13 '15
thank you ross
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 13 '15
no i just picked random profile and group as it does not matter what one as it always come up wrong 

no problem is 50% the time you get the oxwall logo even when you have uploaded a default image

links posted direct to fb work fine 
its only when use the share button from the plugin that you get wrong images 
and the default image takes over everything on every page including images pages 
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 13 '15
before the update add this recommended content was show maybe around 75% corect images for pages and the ones it didnt i use advanced seo plugin to put the right one in for that page 

after the update all was good it wasent untill hmm few weeks had passed i uninstalled it 
do to find the stupid cron errors and reinstalled it the next day all links on every page in add this recommended had the default image 
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 13 '15
on my site i have the facebook api share button from fb and it has no problems and was share the right image but the add this button on share plugin share wrong image
so the plugin is send wrong info to add this 
ross Team
ross Nov 13 '15
I certainly understand that they are random. 

The only problem you're referring to is that incorrect image is shown in the share pop up or is that the final share post on fb does not have correct image? 

tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 13 '15
both
ross Team
ross Nov 13 '15
as to the default image and and photo pages - what do you mean it takes over everything. please see screenshots

tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 13 '15

Quote from Tammy if you paste the link in facebook you get right image but use the share buttons give me this

that is not his default og image 
ross Team
ross Nov 13 '15
please see the source code of that website it is default og-image. see screenshots
ross Team
ross Nov 13 '15
I believe that the only problem you're referring to is that the incorrect image or no image is shown in the share popup window?Or what
The Forum post is edited by ross Nov 13 '15
Anitaku
Anitaku Nov 13 '15
How do I change that image? 

Can I just replace the image directly via ftp or can I change it in a particular file? 
The Forum post is edited by Anitaku Nov 13 '15
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 13 '15
just simple revert the plugin back everything is all good 
the default image does not work so it cant stuff pages up

then simple go to pages that have the share buttons like index and remove the widget then go to add this and copy the code and paste in html widget name it share or what ever 
then go to photos floatbox paste the add this code where the plugin share bit is 

do on other pages that has the plugin share buttons then all is good 
facebook share works and twitter and g+ etc share images 
ross Team
ross Nov 13 '15
What do you mean it's not that image?

Tammy, please elaborate the problem don't give monosyllable replies.  

tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 13 '15

Quote from Tammy if you paste the link in facebook you get right image but use the share buttons give me this

go to this url
http://faithintheworldnetwork.com/..._sharing/default.jpg

thats the default image for that page 

wich is this

ross Team
ross Nov 13 '15
this is what I see when I share the website via social share plugin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »