We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Social Share Image Defult Not changing on fb... | Forum

ross Team
ross Nov 13 '15
have you cleared your fb cache via debugger?
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 13 '15

Quote from Tammy just simple revert the plugin back everything is all good 
the default image does not work so it cant stuff pages up

then simple go to pages that have the share buttons like index and remove the widget then go to add this and copy the code and paste in html widget name it share or what ever 
then go to photos floatbox paste the add this code where the plugin share bit is 

do on other pages that has the plugin share buttons then all is good 
facebook share works and twitter and g+ etc share images 

ross Team
ross Nov 13 '15
Why should we revert the plugin? We cannot reproduce the issue you report, there's some caching issue on your side
ross Team
ross Nov 13 '15
what do you mean default image does not work and can't stuff pages up

- provide step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the error

tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 13 '15
the default image in the plugin has never worked but in 1.8 it does and it stuffs pages up everywhere
ross Team
ross Nov 13 '15
Can you provide a screenshot where I can see that? As I just followed all the links you provided, I provided you screenshots of your steps, and as you can see from them, there's no such problem
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 13 '15
i just test g+ and its the same grabs and posts wrong images
ross Team
ross Nov 13 '15
Yes, google +1 grabs wrong image, we'll pass it to our devs. What about fb?
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 13 '15
i am not going to update the plugin on my site and oxwall will not uninstall there demo plugin 
g+ even gets wrong words for it and i  dont know where they come from

ross Team
ross Nov 13 '15
What do you mean g+ gets wrong words? Are you referring to the comment you add to the share post? Or the words it should grab? If the words it grabs we cannot reproduce that. 
ross Team
ross Nov 13 '15
See screenshot
Attachments:
  Screenshot from 2015-11-13 16:15:42.png (742Kb)
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 13 '15
hmmm now i can not reproduce it as well but for 5 images in a row i got wrong words

i got
 used in a tutorial somewhere - photo at my site 

on clicking the link it took me to another image not the one i tryed share and not the one it did share but i did  notice before the photo viewer loaded them words (used in a tutorial somewhere) and then the image box thing covered them up 
i should of viewed page source but i have exited that page 

now as all this seams to be random even http://faithintheworldnetwork.com/ 
is show right images in groups and profiles now 
it has to be some cron process thats making a conflict somehow 

tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 13 '15
or he has reverted his plugin back 
ross Team
ross Nov 13 '15
please do the testing on your website
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 13 '15
used in a tutorial somewhere - photo at my site 
was on my site
Michele
Michele Nov 13 '15
I'm getting a bit frustrated in that I've been trying to figure this out for a week. . I can't launch if our social sharing is only giving the Orange Circle Image, which it is through every single person I know around me. . . on every computer.

If it's a problem with my caching what am I doing wrong if I've already followed the delete cache and did the fetch new face book scrap info, dozens of times?  And why would this be a problem on every computer and not just mine?

Ok well I'm trying to revert back to the old one.... but the orig file was always named social_sharing with the _, there right?   For some reason I have the socialsharing without the _ too.  So I tried loading 1.7.5 through updating the plugin on my front end admin which isn't working.
I'm trying through my actual ftp "file manager" as well. 
The problem is if I load Tammy's folder .... and I try changing the name to social_sharing ... (so it will replace the old)  it just won't change names or replace the old no matter what I do.  For one it always reverts back to the socialsharing.zip name even if I take the zip out.

Can someone please help me? haha
The Forum post is edited by Michele Nov 13 '15
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 13 '15
try this one you need to extract it before ftp it 

Attachments:
  social_sharing.zip (37Kb)
Michele
Michele Nov 13 '15
Thanks for the new folder! So this time I extracted but uploading is not working so easily; I tried to drop and drag the 15 already opened items in ftp upload and I got errors for a lot of what was within it, pretty much anything with a sub folder.... is this the only way.... to try to replace all of the php's in the sub-folders one by one?
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 13 '15
if you have bfore added new plugin from admin and it all worked all right 
go admin plugins and delete share plugin
then use admin add new plugin  social_sharing.zip
Michele
Michele Nov 13 '15
haha, thanks for responding so quick!! Ok I'll try that and let you know how it goes!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »