We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Boring Platform to Seriously! | Forum

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 23 '16
I wait and wait 1 year for some fun coming to Oxwall websites and skadate websites.

Smileys, Stickers plugins where are they???

To meet people should bee FUN and seriously at the same time!

Something this community are totally missing! 

bobbi
bobbi Apr 23 '16
as plug ins exist for those features even ones that don't work properly like smileys it will never happen, look at the uservoice the amount of ideas that are declined because plug ins already exist, I have added to user voice to put smileys in the core as the plug in is no longer supported
it has 43 votes and needs lots more vote it up

https://oxwall.uservoice.com/...s-in-the-oxwall-core
ross Team
ross Apr 24 '16
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Abbey
Abbey Apr 25 '16
I do see your point..... everything is simple and boring.... no wow factor, esp in their themes
Yevhen
Yevhen Apr 25 '16
You have tools. Take them and make WOW. You are a painter!
Hybrid
Hybrid Apr 25 '16
Marcus,

I think your under-valuing this community and the software as there is some serious thought that goes into creating the platform, the core plugins, and the themes.  Keep in mind this is open-source (FREE) software we are dealing with.  If Oxwall started adding smileys, stickers, etc. to its core for free, it would put several third-party devs out of business - not to mention, that is how Oxwall also generates income to keep improving this platform.

If you are irritated because there is no "fun" features, instead of complaining about it, why not dive into learning how to develop your own plugins and then share your plugins with the community - either for free or at a reasonable price.

This software is run by the community - much like WordPress, where the third-party developers are able to contribute in more ways than one.  Third-parties can even create a lucrative business through Oxwall plugins and themes.  I'm not saying all third-party devs are worthwhile in this community, but there are a few good ones that truly shine!  Anyway, getting to the point here, since this software is pretty much ran by third-party plugins and themes, the core of it only requires the basic stuff.

I'm sure the devs of this software are working their hearts out, continuously (or at least trying to) improve it to the best of their ability.  Again, keep in mind they DON'T get paid for this since this is all open-source (FREE) software.  Donations are accepted sure, but that's not the same as being paid on an hourly/salary basis.

Hopefully that clears this up a bit for you.  I'm not trying to be a dick here, I just wanted to open your mind up a little.  Have some gratitude and be thankful for what Oxwall is at this time - especially since it's free (at least the core and a few plugins/themes).  I've been a member for a few years now and can tell you, Oxwall is improving - it might take them some time to get around to adding some "fun" features (if they do) simply because that is what it is..."fun" features - rather, they are more focused on improving the system overall rather than adding in said "fun" features.  It is more ideal (or logical) to allow other third-party devs to create these "fun" features.

Take care,

Hybrid

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Apr 25 '16
So far oxwall core did their part by 90%....the 10% missing is the SEO and better engagement features.

So far developer with their 3rd party plugins did 50%...the other 50% is the missing commitment to update plugins / test / fix errors.

So far i would say im happy so far ...Rating for oxwall at the moment it's 7/10  for an opensource but they can do better.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 25 '16

Hybrid,

""  If Oxwall started adding smileys, stickers, etc. to its core for free, it would put several third-party devs out of business ""

- What developers would we make out of business?? there nobody want develop this type of plugins in more then 3 years i think because i see only 1 plugin same this and it is dead for more then 1 year.

So when you say make developers out of business i really can not agree with you they have more then 3 years make plugins like this so i think if nobody developers interested make a plugin like this then oxwall should put it to the core and i feel a plugin like this will not hurt the core or any developer or anyone i really can not agree with you here about this type of plugin that many developers have very very long time to make and release here but nobody doing it for 1-3 years what i can see? 

But i know there is good news coming about this because i speak with 2 developers here and they both tell me it will coming a plugin like this soon ...so if they was not lie to me soon there will bee a plugin like this released but not ask me how long time we need have to wait 

I love this software and i see they work hard for make it better but if you ask me they need more developers because they need take the lead and bee in the lead forever to success. but it is hard bee in the lead with so little people.

I very happy with some plugins here and i try make my website FUN but a smiley plugin would lift my website up from fun 20% to fun factor 65% and that is good for all people not only me

Take care,

Marcus 

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Apr 25 '16
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Apr 25 '16
So far oxwall core did their part by 90%....the 10% missing is the SEO and better engagement features.

So far developer with their 3rd party plugins did 50%...the other 50% is the missing commitment to update plugins / test / fix errors.

So far i would say im happy so far ...Rating for oxwall at the moment it's 7/10  for an opensource but they can do better.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 25 '16
i no understand why big letters? is it the new theme? sorry for that? i try edit it but it did not work?
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 25 '16

Quote from Yevhen You have tools. Take them and make WOW. You are a painter!
I would love do it :) i like programming and create new fun plugins :) but my time to learn new programming language is little, but i will study when my business make me rich one day i will have more free time study and make plugins. Now i spend all my time to marketing my business 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 25 '16
same again big letters? when i write small letters but when i post big letters....loool what i do wrong here :)

never have problem with big letters before on this forum??

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Apr 25 '16
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer May 8 '16

Quote from Maяcus I wait and wait 1 year for some fun coming to Oxwall websites and skadate websites.

Smileys, Stickers plugins where are they???

To meet people should bee FUN and seriously at the same time!

Something this community are totally missing! 

Hi Marcus, I recently discovered this social network and love the way it works, i would like to make this plugin but i need feedback from users who already used the smileys plugin so i can make this work even better.

Please let me know which features are needed in this plugin, for example: ¿do you need to add more smileys manually or not?

I'm asking this because depending on the features it will be the time spend and the price of this plugin.

Thanks in advance.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 8 '16

- The old smiley plugin did make slow load time for all pages specially the main page and that is not good for SEO. I think it should not load all smileys on the main page if that possible to create a smiley plugin like that? im not a developer so i dont know nothing about that but it is a very importen thing for SEO and SEO for me is everything for sucess.

- all smileys that you add should have "alt tags" 

- I like the old feature that you can add you own smileys good feature keep that one.

- smileys should work on desktop and mobile version both.(i wish it would working on skadates mobile apps to but i understand if it is not importen for normal oxwall users that not have skadate mobile apps ,but for me very importen i try wait for skalfa update it in future releases like they said they will do.)

- smileys should work on comments ,message, chat and other plugins.

- It would bee cool if the plugin did have 1-4 smiley packages as original so you not need download many smileys the first thing you do when start use the plugin.

- i like animated smileys like skype have and other apps have or cool and funny cartoon stickers i think you know all what i talking about that used Viber, whatsapp , Line and many other chat apps on internet. So many community have it already so i think i not need explain so much about that here.

Marcus

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost May 8 '16
bobbi
bobbi May 8 '16
smileys should be standard to the platform, like ning and phpfox and others i am sure, i still use the old smiley plug in as i run 1.8 version and it works okish , not ideal but better than no smileys, my uservoice idea for smiley still has 50 votes even if it had 5000 i bet oxwall would not add it to the core lol 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 8 '16
i voted as many times i could do bobbi :)

yes agree should bee in the core, for me i see only one way and that is that skalfa release one smiley plugin that supports all 4 (skalfa) oxwall platforms:

1. dekstop version oxwall and skadate

2. mobile version oxwall and skadate

3. ios app                            skadate

4. android app                     skadate

And i been told they will working on this, but i dont know how long we need wait for that 1 or 2 years? or 6 months? 

we can hope it is in skalfa road map this year :) but who knows, only skalfa knows :)

Marcus

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost May 8 '16
bobbi
bobbi May 8 '16
i didnt know skalfa were doing this, well the sooner the better, it is hard to know who to trust regarding the  plug in developers here ie support etc , but skalfa i would trust being the founders of oxwall lol 
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer May 8 '16
¡Thank you for the quick feedback!

I have a few questions if you dont mind:

- smileys should work on comments ,message, chat and other plugins.

1.- ¿Could you please make a list of which "others" ordered by importance?

2.- I can add the animated stickers, but right now i dont know if it's going to slow down the entire website, so this feature may or may not be in the plugin depending on the tests results.

I'm already working on it, if someone else have even more feedback, feel free post it.

Thank you!

Senior Developer

dave Leader
dave May 9 '16
Hi Senior,  

Good to meet you...  If you could, when you get done just have a sticky in the plugin area for devs that want to integrate their plugins and let us know what class/method/function to call in order to do this. If you can provide a quick guide then more plugin devs will integrate their plugins to use the smileys.  

Thanks... Dave 

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 9 '16

Not all plugins on oxwall store have comments , messages and chat features only some have.

I dont have the list of that plugins that support chat ,messages, comments maybe someone else have and can add here?

I know skadates photo plugin have comment features and oxwall event plugin have to. maybe newsfeed in oxwall have but i not use that plugin on my skadate site.

I think if animated stickers slows down the website not use them. viber app and Line and other only have cool stickers that not animated and that is okey and look nice too 

for people that want have animated smiley stickers it should bee a option to upload it. and when upload smileys alt tag should bee implemented. 

please work with the speed on the smiley plugin for better SEO, for me that is the importen number 1 feature in this smiley plugin. smiley you can find every where and download.

Pages: 1 2 »