We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Every plugin that has to upgrade database causes a error | Forum

JoshWho
JoshWho May 30 '16
I wish it was that simple. When I physically delete the file it still keeps the site locked by database waiting for the update. There is no failsafe on here like wordpress has where it detects the file is gone and makes it not active. For some reason oxwall has nothing that checks that. I literally have to hack it every time so it thinks the plugin is there. I have to find a old copy of it some where and try to replicate the tables in the database for it to take that update message away. Currently it will be stuck in a redirect loop until i figure that out.
The Forum post is edited by JoshWho May 30 '16
JoshWho
JoshWho May 30 '16
Thank you Dave I appreciate your concern and help. 
dave Leader
dave May 30 '16
Its because your doing it in the wrong order, there is still db info on that plugin when you delete the file, this is why it wont forget about the update. 
JoshWho
JoshWho May 30 '16
So how to make it forget about the update?
dave Leader
dave May 30 '16
please tell me what is inside the activate, deactivate, and uninstall files for that plugin

...corrected...

The Forum post is edited by dave May 30 '16
JoshWho
JoshWho May 30 '16
i do not see any folders that are titled activate and deactivate. 
dave Leader
dave May 30 '16
sorry my bad, files not folder, long day 
JoshWho
JoshWho May 30 '16

<?php

/**

* Copyright (c) 2015, Skalfa LLC

* All rights reserved.

* ATTENTION: This commercial software is intended for exclusive use with SkaDate Dating Software (http://www.skadate.com) and is licensed under SkaDate Exclusive License by Skalfa LLC.

* Full text of this license can be found at http://www.skadate.com/sel.pdf

*/

// credits

require_once dirname(__FILE__) . DS .  'classes' . DS . 'credits.php';

$credits = new VIDEOIM_CLASS_Credits();

$credits->triggerCreditActionsAdd();

$placeWidget = BOL_ComponentAdminService::getInstance()->addWidgetToPlace(

BOL_ComponentAdminService::getInstance()->addWidget('VIDEOIM_CMP_VideoCallWidget', false),

BOL_ComponentAdminService::PLACE_PROFILE

);

BOL_ComponentAdminService::getInstance()->addWidgetToPosition($placeWidget, BOL_ComponentAdminService::SECTION_LEFT, 1);

JoshWho
JoshWho May 30 '16
thats the activate one
JoshWho
JoshWho May 30 '16
here is deactivate

<?php
/** * Copyright (c) 2015, Skalfa LLC * All rights reserved. * * ATTENTION: This commercial software is intended for exclusive use with SkaDate Dating Software (http://www.skadate.com) and is licensed under SkaDate Exclusive License by Skalfa LLC. * * Full text of this license can be found at http://www.skadate.com/sel.pdf ;*/BOL_ComponentAdminService::getInstance()->deleteWidget('VIDEOIM_CMP_VideoCallWidget');

dave Leader
dave May 30 '16
OK i dont need the install one, please delete that post as it gives table names and stuff that may be privy info from skalfa code.  Also have you written them as well, you need to if not.  

I am going to show you this one ok so you can learn, i wont go thru all 30 but you with get the idea.   Once we get it out of there then contact skalfa as well and let them know what is happening please. 

As this is happening with all your plugins this is why i want ross to look at this.. 

Ok lets get started 

dave Leader
dave May 30 '16
you said the files for this plugin are gone right?
JoshWho
JoshWho May 30 '16
no not yet but can be
dave Leader
dave May 30 '16
nope hold off,   

first thing is go into the ow_base_plugin table and change the isactive to 0 for that plugin only 

JoshWho
JoshWho May 30 '16
k done
dave Leader
dave May 30 '16
I just noticed this is a skadate issue not oxwall, this is a skadate plugin.  I should not be doing this as we dont support skadate stuff at all, gosh darnet i should have seen that before.. 

anyway i dont want to leave you hanging so i will finish... grrrrrr... 
now go into the ow_menu_item table and remove the entry for this plugin, if you do not see one its ok not all have them 

dave Leader
dave May 30 '16
now go to the ow_base_component_position  and ow_base_component_setting tables and also remove the entry for this plugin It should have CMP in the name as well as the plugin name itself 
dave Leader
dave May 30 '16
now delete the item from the ow_base_plugins table and delete the files or folder for this plugin in both the plugins dir and also the static plugins dir if it exists

clear your site cache and it should be uninstalled and fully deleted now

JoshWho
JoshWho May 30 '16
ok done didnt see anything in ow_base_somponent_setting 
dave Leader
dave May 30 '16
ok you may not, its ok 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »