We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Every plugin that has to upgrade database causes a error | Forum

JoshWho
JoshWho May 30 '16
Thank you for the help. You are a good man. Ross should hook you up with a pay for your services.
dave Leader
dave May 30 '16
think of it this way,  ford also makes mercury but they are totally different.  

skalfa and oxwall are related in business but put out diff software 

dave Leader
dave May 30 '16
thank Josh appreciate that :)   so is your site back up now so you can see what ross has to say.. 
dave Leader
dave May 30 '16
if so i need to get back to my plugin im trying to get it to ross before the weekend :)
The Forum post is edited by dave May 30 '16
JoshWho
JoshWho May 30 '16
yes it is back up. I am going to attempt to just manually install the plugin because that seems to work fine when done that way, Once again thank you.
dave Leader
dave May 30 '16
You are very welcome Josh...  :)
ross Team
ross May 30 '16
Josh, 

Do you see anything in the error logs of the server or error_log file in the software related to the time when you ran into the issue? 
Did you enable debug mode while doing update of those plugins? If not please do, may be we could catch some error this way. 

Also what about browser console, do you see any errors there? 

bobbi
bobbi May 30 '16
This is why oxwall should offer a support service which is payed by donation, if you are not able to fix or like me to afraid to update the platform for example for fear of it going wrong, I would happily donate money to oxwall to get site fixed/ updated save having to keep trying to do it myself and wait on here for answers sorry for going off topic josh 
ross Team
ross May 31 '16
Also Josh, why do you update manually? 

Do you have ssl certificate or just put a redirect in .htaccess file? 

JoshWho
JoshWho May 31 '16
I have ssl certs. I have no idea why it is doing that.  I manually uninstall the old one and then uninstall the updated one. I do not manually perform a update. Not until this issue gets fixed. 
JoshWho
JoshWho May 31 '16

Here is the error log from the time it happened

[Mon May 30 20:42:29 2016] [ow_core_log] [Warning] Message: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class 'VIDEOIM_CMP_VideoCallWidget' not found File: /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/buddylist_cf/ow_system_plugins/base/components/drag_and_drop_panel.php Line:67

[Mon May 30 20:42:29 2016] [ow_core_log] [Exception] Message: Class VIDEOIM_CMP_VideoCallWidget does not exist File: /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/buddylist_cf/ow_system_plugins/base/components/drag_and_drop_item.php Line:208 Trace: [#0 /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/buddylist_cf/ow_system_plugins/base/components/drag_and_drop_item.php(208): ReflectionClass->__construct('VIDEOIM_CMP_Vid...') | #1 /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/buddylist_cf/ow_system_plugins/base/components/drag_and_drop_item.php(92): BASE_CMP_DragAndDropItem->checkComponent('VIDEOIM_CMP_Vid...') | #2 /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/buddylist_cf/ow_system_plugins/base/components/drag_and_drop_frontend_panel.php(106): BASE_CMP_DragAndDropItem->setContentComponentClass('VIDEOIM_CMP_Vid...') | #3 /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/buddylist_cf/ow_smarty/template_c/5bd86c17cc31417ff5543e74222fe8083aab33ab_0.file.drag_and_drop_entity_panel.html.php(113): BASE_CMP_DragAndDropFrontendPanel->tplComponent(Array, Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) | #4 /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/buddylist_cf/ow_libraries/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_resource_base.php(122): content_574ce020334a03_03147229(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) | #5 /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/buddylist_cf/ow_libraries/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_compiled.php(199): Smarty_Template_Resource_Base->getRenderedTemplateCode(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) | #6 /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/buddylist_cf/ow_libraries/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(159): Smarty_Template_Compiled->render(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) | #7 /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/buddylist_cf/ow_libraries/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(191): Smarty_Internal_Template->render(false, 0) | #8 /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/buddylist_cf/ow_libraries/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(94): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->_execute('/var/zpanel/hos...', NULL, NULL, NULL, 0) | #9 /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/buddylist_cf/ow_core/view_renderer.php(101): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('/var/zpanel/hos...') | #10 /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/buddylist_cf/ow_core/view.php(187): OW_ViewRenderer->renderTemplate('/var/zpanel/hos...') | #11 /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/buddylist_cf/ow_core/component.php(80): OW_View->render() | #12 /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/buddylist_cf/ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/component_panel.php(156): OW_Component->render() | #13 /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/buddylist_cf/ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/component_panel.php(327): BASE_CTRL_ComponentPanel->action('profile', '31', false, Array, 'drag_and_drop_e...') | #14 [internal function]: BASE_CTRL_ComponentPanel->profile(Array) | #15 /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/buddylist_cf/ow_core/request_handler.php(276): ReflectionMethod->invokeArgs(Object(BASE_CTRL_ComponentPanel), Array) | #16 /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/buddylist_cf/ow_core/request_handler.php(252): OW_RequestHandler->processControllerAction(Object(ReflectionMethod), Object(BASE_CTRL_ComponentPanel)) | #17 /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/buddylist_cf/ow_core/application.php(364): OW_RequestHandler->dispatch() | #18 /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/buddylist_cf/index.php(76): OW_Application->handleRequest() | #19 {main}]

[Mon May 30 20:47:30 2016] [ow_core_log] [Notice] Message: Undefined offset: 1 File: /var/zp 

Here is a screenshot when it errored

When I click Update it does this.

So that is why i will manually install them for now on until this update bug gets figured out. 

The Forum post is edited by JoshWho May 31 '16
ross Team
ross May 31 '16
There must be a typo. So you install the updated plugin, right? What do you mean by manually? via FTP not via admin panel? In order to fix the issue, we need the exact steps. 

Why did you update your plugins manually and not via admin auto update? 
Can you provide the content of your htaccess file? 

ross Team
ross May 31 '16
As to the error you provided, seems like you deleted plugin manually from ow_plugins folder and from ow_base_plugins table, but there are widget leftovers in the database. 
JoshWho
JoshWho May 31 '16
no i still install it using the admin console but i do not do the update i just download the newist plugin and uninstall the old one then delete it then install the new one.
JoshWho
JoshWho May 31 '16

Quote from ross As to the error you provided, seems like you deleted plugin manually from ow_plugins folder and from ow_base_plugins table, but there are widget leftovers in the database. 
No that error was created when I performed the upgrade I never removed any files yet. Infact this time I never deleted anything until after I got the site working again.
ross Team
ross May 31 '16
Does the issue occur with video im plugin only or other too?
ross Team
ross May 31 '16
if you updated plugin via admin panel, there should never be a message of updating your database. 
JoshWho
JoshWho May 31 '16
It has happened to 3 different plugins now. Like me, smileys, and now the video im
ross Team
ross May 31 '16
Ok, I see you have a backup, can I have your admin access details and Cpanel, I'll take a look at the issue. 
JoshWho
JoshWho May 31 '16

Quote from ross if you updated plugin via admin panel, there should never be a message of updating your database. 
No i get the message from when I see a update notification. I click it then see the plugin that needed updating so I click on the update button. Then it acts like it is going ok then it gets to the next page that says you need to perform a database update. and right from that moment I notice everything is all messed up looking and then you see in that screenshot i posted it makes the theme css and everything disappear and it just shows all links and the update message. I go ahead and click update then it go's into a redirect loop after that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »