We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

email verfication wont work and cant even edit my website | Forum

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 20 '16
Let's try this full direct path.

/usr/local/bin/php /home/hosting user name/public_html/folder where oxwall is installed/oxwall/ow_cron/run.php
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 20 '16
I did finally find this link on setting up a cron on your hosting.

https://www.infinitywebhosts.com/...t-Up-A-Cron-Job.html

Looks like it's talking about using the full path in the box to the right.
Brian
Brian Aug 20 '16
so how would i do the full path
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 20 '16
See above. You may not need to put the username in, but that is a full direct path. For starter put your hosting username in where it says "hosting user name", and the folder name of where Oxwall is installed where it says "folder where Oxwall is installed"
Brian
Brian Aug 20 '16
i tried that whole path and it said i was forbidden
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 20 '16
Try cutting it down to this. This matches what they have in the doc.

/home/username/public_html/ow_cron/run.php

I don't remember if they already had a backslash before the box, or not. If they do you would need to remove the preceding backslash.
The Forum post is edited by Darryl B Aug 20 '16
Brian
Brian Aug 20 '16
i trying to also use easycron but i dont know if i did that right
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 20 '16
You need your username there. Not "username". This would be the username you use to access your hosting account.
Brian
Brian Aug 20 '16
okay 
ross Team
ross Aug 22 '16
Guys, verification e-mails are not sent via cron, they are sent directly to the mail server without going into the ow_base_mail table, unless you have enabled SMTP in your admin panel. 

So if SMTP is disabled, that means something is wrong with the mail server. You need to contact your hosting provider Brian to resolve the issue with the verification e-mails

If you interface of cron configuration differs from the screenshot Darryl sent, it will be better if you contact your hosting provider to assist you with cron configuration. 

dave Leader
dave Aug 22 '16
Darryl said Brian was using free hosting and there was an issue there i guess.  
Brian
Brian Aug 22 '16
i fixed everything by deleteing my website and redoing it and it showed the crons job on there and i set everything to a minute 
dave Leader
dave Aug 22 '16
How about that, when all else fails shoot it and start over lol... thanks for letting us know Brian :)
Brian
Brian Aug 22 '16
most definitely and like i said thank you all for the help 
ross Team
ross Aug 22 '16
thanks for letting us know Brian
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5