We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Which new or updated plugins do you need? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Sep 6 '16
I'm developing new plugins for Oxwall, and I did read some topics regarding plugins not being updated and other new plugins that some users need.

I'm intending to make the plugins that you people really need instead of what I want.

Could you please make a list of the plugins that you are willing to buy?

The most voted plugins will be the first ones that I make.

I just made a new Photos Watermark Pro Plugin and I hope somebody like it.

Thank you!

John
John Sep 7 '16
A plugin to address the "poster avatar replaced by user who liked" issue for newsfeed and the other common plugins.  See:
https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/8724?page=3#post-192249

A plugin so that new posts in "Groups" show in the main newsfeed, but only for members of those groups.  We use mainly the main newsfeed and not dashboards, and currently the main newsfeed only lists if a new group is created or if someone joins a group

An plugin to replace Purus' "Admin Tools" plugin, so admins/moderators can reset a member's password if needed
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Sep 7 '16
Some of the main ones that I would hate to see stop working are.
1. Extended events "stand alone" This is basically the events plugin with added categories for events with a calendar view option, and location map. It would be nice to have a printable guest list page added.
2. User avatar by gender. Allows you to set a default avatar based on the genders you have defined.
3. Admin tools. "Now no longer allows password change since the CSRF token was implemented" This one also allows the admin to reset the user avatar, or change their role.
4. Required fields. Add an identifier to all required fields on the sign up questions.
5. Cache cleaner extreme
6. Cron test.
Most of these still work fine, but there has been no activity from the dev in a while.
Steve
Steve Sep 7 '16
1. Since there is a Like button a Dislike Button would be fun to have.

2. Advance Comments was discontinued would be nice to see it back and updated.

3. Did get a hold of jk about two weeks ago but still he has done nothing in the way of fixing Comment Editor from inserting <br /> automatically when editing posts.

4. I have seen a lot of share button plugins that claim to share posts but all I have found they do is make a post about your site. But one that when you post something on your site you also have the option of sharing it to another site like facebook or twitter would be nice.

5. A plugin that when you make a post you have the option of posting a video like you do Pictures.

Miss Nookie
Miss Nookie Sep 8 '16
Here are some I've thought of:

- Granting X number of user credits to VIP or paid memberships.

- Birthday field that changes age with birthday.

- Were messages read? For all, or VIP/paid memberships.

- Better pricing and purchase pages, perhaps integrated with a REALLY good affiliate program (like JVZoo, which is instant).

- API

- Lead-In Ads for Affiliates & Enthusiasts: Includes avatar, username, age, and 1-3 other "question answers". ONLY shows users who have given permission (this should be a front-end accessible form, and renewable. They get an email/message reminder every 1 (week, month, quarter, bi-yearly).

- Explicit photos marker & preferences for users (for some sites, they may want this for paid members only to choose).

- Photo Rotation

- Better blogs. More styling options. "Featured" authors (site-promoted).

- A pop-up for first time posting in forums/groups/blogs/whatever that mentions the rules and links to TOU/community guidelines/etc.

- A "HowAboutWe.com" style plugin.

- Automatic member reminders: Updating profile, Visiting the site, 9 mos... Your profile will be archived in three months (you'll have to contact us to get it back) / 10 mos/ 11 mos... etc.
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Sep 8 '16
All Purusothaman Ramanujam i would like to have then updated
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Sep 9 '16
- Fingerprint member browser blocker and hardware members fingerprint blocker for have unwanted members and spammers never come back to you website again.(github have many scripts i notice and famous cupidmedia have this feature in 2 or 3 years already)

- Language AUTO switching to correct language and Country Ip blocker (the developer leaved this plugin and i really need it.) The 2 features works great together.

- Online and Offline plugin where it is possible for members bee offline and not visible but still use the website all features and message people. This plugin is great for talk with many girls or man but still decide meet someone already and she or he do not know you still looking others on the website because you will look like you are offline all the time.

- Plugin where members that not answer 5-10 messages, (you can set what message value you want.)

The member will get a banner on they profile avatar on profile page that says "this member RARELY answer messages" it will have less disapointed members and it is a importen factor to keep members on you website. some members are just join and never answer messages and can bee frustrating for other members that think they will do.

I have many more ideas....take that later :)

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Sep 9 '16
Miss Nookie
Miss Nookie Sep 9 '16

Quote from Maяcus

- Online and Offline plugin where it is possible for members bee offline and not visible but still use the website all features and message people. This plugin is great for talk with many girls or man but still decide meet someone already and she or he do not know you still looking others on the website because you will look like you are offline all the time.

- Plugin where members that not answer 5-10 messages, (you can set what message value you want.)

The member will get a banner on they profile avatar on profile page that says "this member RARELY answer messages" it will have less disapointed members and it is a importen factor to keep members on you website. some members are just join and never answer messages and can bee frustrating for other members that think they will do.

Re: Online/Offline. I think "Browse Invisibly" is a good idea. Especially if it can be made available only to paid members, for example, as a benefit to them.

Re: Messaging I think this is a good idea. I would want to keep it positive. If a person replies to 80% or more messages, it might say, "This person answers most messages!"
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Sep 10 '16
""Re: Online/Offline. I think "Browse Invisibly" is a good idea. Especially if it can be made available only to paid members, for example, as a benefit to them. ""

Yes for paid members only would bee best agree.

""Re: Messaging I think this is a good idea. I would want to keep it positive. If a person replies to 80% or more messages, it might say, "This person answers most messages!"

Yes maybe a % meter that tells if the member is answer messages or not answer messages. I remember now that facebook fanpages have this feature how often you as fanpage moderator respond to messages on you fanpage and how fast you responding. this % meter need bee visible on the profile page or the profile avtar picture corner. anyways if you are a great developer you could do something very nice of this idea. i think we all need a feature like this that have community website or dating site for make members happy more and see who members that are like to answer people and what members that rarely answer people.

Another idea with this % meter is when % meter is = 0 % then that member will bee added to a moderator list that moderators can have the options to delete this members because dead profiles is the worst you can have on you website.

If nobody create this plugin that will bee my next project :-) because i see this plugin is a HIT 

actually all 3 plugins that i was talk about that not excisting today...if nobody make them i will do :) I hope SD can create them :)

/Marcus

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Sep 10 '16
Shaun
Shaun Sep 15 '16
I only have 1 I would like to see get made at the moment and that is a "Verified Genuine Plugin"

Basicly I would like members to be able to verify that another members profile is genuine and they are the people pictured in their photo's by either having met them through Real life or through a webcam chat.

They should be able to write a few sentences about the person they are verifying and all members viewing the verified profile can read what has been said about that profile.

Each time a profile is verified the profile should display the number of verifications it has received.

Profile owners should be able to choose what verifivcations can be read and are visible to other members.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Sep 15 '16
Shaun 

Great idea but it is easy for someone create 2 profiles and make verify both profiles.

A verify webcam plugin would bee much better some community and dating site use this and with good result. they need have a unique number from your plugin show up in the webcam with they face.

Shaun
Shaun Sep 16 '16

Quote from Maяcus Shaun 

Great idea but it is easy for someone create 2 profiles and make verify both profiles.

A verify webcam plugin would bee much better some community and dating site use this and with good result. they need have a unique number from your plugin show up in the webcam with they face.

I Understand what your saying and I agree 100% however it does give your users the tools they need to decide if someone is real. If 2 profiles have only been verified by each other its likely to be the same person but if a profile is verified by numerous people its likely to be more genuine. Anyone verifying themselves on my site would get an instant ban :-)
Miss Nookie
Miss Nookie Sep 16 '16
I'm going with photo verification through admin/moderators, myself. Apparently, there used to be a plugin for that, and I'm going to recreate it for my site.

That said, I am also creating a sort of "testimonials" section for my members to vet each other in connective ways.
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Sep 16 '16
Hi Everybody, I have been reading all your posts, please keep sending more (if you need anything else) or if you agree with any of them please let us know here, as I said, the most voted ones will be the first I make, and I'm starting right now.

Webster Molaudi

Puru have a lot of plugins, so if you can tell which ones are the most wanted by you, it will be really helpful.

ben

Thank you for the link posted.

JohnRebeccaDarryl BSteveMiss NookieLuisiMaяcusShaun

Thank you everybody.

I will let you know when something is done.

If you are a developer and you are reading this, you can add some ideas or take the ideas from here to make improvements in your plugins or make your own plugins too. 
There is no need to be shy, competition helps to make this software better, so if you think you can make the plugins that this people need please let us know too.

Richard Austin
Richard Austin Sep 18 '16
A visual editor for the admin to use for creating pages. Can't find any in the store that work for us (actually we could find only one). We are not as tech savvy as your team and need a bit more WYSIWYG!!

Even a more descriptive how to doc would be helpful!

Thank you for asking.
Anitaku
Anitaku Sep 18 '16

Quote from Richard Austin A visual editor for the admin to use for creating pages. Can't find any in the store that work for us (actually we could find only one). We are not as tech savvy as your team and need a bit more WYSIWYG!!

Even a more descriptive how to doc would be helpful!

Thank you for asking.
Something like this?

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1299

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Sep 19 '16
Hello Senior Dev.

Here are the plugins i need updated :

1) Gravatar for Profile Avatar
2) RSS Feed for Site and Users
3) Twitter Tweets Widget
4) Member Locations
5) Classifieds - Ultimate Pro

The Forum post is edited by Webster Molaudi Sep 19 '16
bob
bob Sep 26 '16
I would like a plugin for certifications 

the plugin would place a button on members profile page so other members that have met the member in question, can write some text about them. Only the member, admin and the member posting the certification can edit or delete it  also members can not certify them self also the button should have a counter for the certifications showing how many certifications they have received, the button would be something like this [ certifications [3] ]  the number [3] would change as to how many certifications they have so far. The member writing the certification should be identified with a clickable link to there profile within the certification.

This would be most helpful for dating sites 

The Forum post is edited by bob Sep 26 '16
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Sep 26 '16
Bob...

Certifikation from other members is to easy to fake ...just create 4 or 5 different profiles and send certifikate to all this 4-5 members....then you will have 4 or 5 certifikated members with 4 or 5 post...but if you feel that would working bee my guest create a plugin like that

Personaly i would go for a webcam certifikation process where members send a small video show they face and a special number and admin will approve them after that if you looking for a almost bullit proof solution of certifikation of your members

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Sep 26 '16
Pages: 1 2 »