We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall | Forum

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 28 '16
The Forum post is edited by ross Nov 30 '16
David
David Nov 29 '16
So rather than just leave quietly... you decided to start drama with this post.   This is why people don't like you.  There's no need to create rifts and cause trouble for the community and the developers.  None.  It's childish and immature.  If you don't want to be here... why not just leave, instead of posting these stupid "Oxwall is doomed because of one man.... boo hoo hoo" whiny, candy-ass posts?

Dude... be a man... leave with some integrity instead of acting like a pouting 6-year-old, crying because he isn't getting his way.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 29 '16

it is always drama when people not agree and want to do the totally opposit it nothing we can stop it is like that everywhere David in reality like it or not like it.

Look the politicians how they fighting everyday for make things better and there is always one side that not agree and one side that agree and there will always bee drama even with politicians. 

I know you not agree with me and that is okey i have other people that agree with me in other things....

feel free ask any questions when ever you want i open for talk but on a level where you will not call me any names....

If you continue do i need report you

Thanks

/Marcus

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Nov 29 '16
David
David Nov 29 '16
Report away. 

Think about this.  You're arguing over not getting your way... regarding a script that is free.  Are you the designer?  Is it "yours"? 

You talk about fighting to make things better.  Wow... you're such a soldier.  Go feed a starving kid, or make sure a homeless man finds shelter... or honor a real soldier who is being disrespected or dishonored by his countrymen.   Fight for something that matters.  You're fighting about someone else's FREE script. You're fighting about whether a social network has core features like an "edit" button.

Drama Drama Drama.  Look at you, man.  Aren't you better than this?

The Forum post is edited by David Nov 29 '16
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Nov 29 '16
If what you say is true David, then you should not post and start whining for the high prices, just don't buy and that's it.

In this case... So rather than just leave quietly... You are whining because someone else is whining... cool!

I have nothing bad to say about you or anyone.

Everybody has the right to say something (wether you agree or not), but there is no need to start calling "stupid" on someone. That's simply not good so please stop.

David
David Nov 29 '16
Hey, Mr. SD!! You know... your points are partially valid, and so I'll consider them.  But consider that I'm not whining regarding the prices.  Consider THIS:

A lot of people buy your plugins.  You've created a positive following.  People like you.  Hell, man, *I* like you, but if you tell anyone I said that, I'll deny it.  But when people look to you to set the tone... and help shape how the rest of the developers price their "smaller-scale" plugins.... and you GOUGE us with a whopping $25.00 sticker price for a tiny  plugin that does very little... yes.. I think someone needs to speak up, and so I did.

WHINING?  Nah.  Just saying... you carry a lot of weight around here with others.  You're an example... people follow you.  So when ALL the prices start going up for these little plugins... you all will LOSE some business... because it's not really right to make us pay through the nose for every little, tiny MINOR thing. 

What can I get here for 25 bucks or UNDER? 

Articles/ News/ Reviews PLUGIN
Audio Upload and Gallery
VideoPlus - Advanced Video Plugin
** Advanced Blogs Plugin **
Profile Cover
Group Cover
and a HUNDRED or so MORE.

All of these add whole new features, new SECTIONS and SIGNIFICANTLY improve Oxwall.... with MULTIPLE functions... all for 25 bucks or UNDER. 

What does your plugin do for 25 bucks?  It gives you a tiny, ugly-ass widget... it can count hits.  whoopie. 

You offer too little for way too much.

As a developer... AND a consumer who has spent CRAP-LOADS of money at the store... I think I have a right to speak for myself and some of the others who have told you the same thing..... this is not good business. 

Now.. if you don't like what I've said... too bad, so sad.  Oh well...  deal with it.  I said my piece and I let it go... so... why are you following me around to other threads to bring it up again?

Because it seems to me I'm not the one who's whining right now, Mr. Butt-Hurt Senior Developer.  Get over it.  I've moved on.
The Forum post is edited by David Nov 29 '16
Senior Developer Leader
I asked you to stop calling stupid on someone and now you put names on me. Cool.

As I said, you can say anything, as Marcus can say anything, and so I can too. 

But please stop your bad words, please could you?

David
David Nov 29 '16
I didn't call anybody stupid....  I said the "I'm gonna leave" post was stupid.  I'm allowed to say that.  It IS stupid.  We're not 12.  If you're gonna leave... just leave. $h*t.  Opinions are allowed here.

But fine... I wouldn't want to hurt your feelings.  My fault.  Sorry.
Senior Developer Leader
Bad words make all your arguments invalid.

I don't ask you to agree to somebody, just asked for some respect.

If you keep this forum clean you have my respect even if I disagree with you. 

Thank you David.

dave Leader
dave Nov 30 '16
I have asked ross to lock this topic.  Look all of us are on edge right now. With the need for changes that seem slow in coming and all the ideas passing back and forth and no real feedback from the team yet, i understand that. 

Sometimes things are better when you just leave things alone and stick to the status quo. However all of us decided not to do that, all of us opted for change, all of us want things better.  In that process there are going to be times that people get upset, say things they dong mean, or say things that are very blunt that they do mean. 

I am NOT taking sides here or justifying any behavior on either side.  But i know that each of us has a following, it does not matter if your just a regular volunteer, a leader or a user.  All of us have people that watch us and how we act.  I myself have always gone out of my way to be professional but i lose my cool sometimes as well.  So all of us need to watch our step, including me. 

My point is that with all the stiring up of the dust around here, we are bound to bump into each other and so just remember that even thought all of us can and need to improve our actions, it is sadly part of the process of debating things to a solution. 

Because the solution is very important to so many. 

OK lets all step away and let things cool off please... :) 

The Forum post is edited by dave Nov 30 '16
This topic is locked