We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Ipv6 IP adresses - Oxwall Support ? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 7 '19
update:

skadate not interested fix this on they free time

probably if i want have it fixed i need pay them 500 usd

i have no words....this software sinking to the bottom in my eyes

i have checked my logs and i have many ipv6 traffic and members that join my site 

i was think traffic was the number 1 importen thing for success but maybe i was wrong...

i need to see what other software there is on the market...i tired work with software from 1990....if no the team ready fix this who is ready fix this...lol...

i can inform the dating nich is dead it not bring any money at least not with a skadate software that i now used in 5 years....i was need remove 4000 scam profiles because no control who enter with a VPN or proxy and no control who use double accounts....i notice some people crate 2 or 5 new account on my site everyday with different ips ...very nice....

no control and no traffic that will make you success

but we have

email verification from 1990

and phone verification from 1990

and you can block ips same they did in 1990

i must say skadate have alot to do for make they dating software secure for they clients

Ow.ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 7 '19
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Aug 7 '19
This is easy to fix, I will make a new plugin for adding compatibility with IPv6, it will be ready next week.

Senior Developer.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 7 '19
Senior Developer

thank you

will this plugin fix the oxwall core built in ip-look up ?

because i have at least 3 or 4 plugins that build they plugin on this old ip look up feature that not works now

they told me they plugins will working only if the core is upgrade and was what i feel not very ineterested fix they plugin or the oxwall core

hmmm

or you build new plugins totally that support ipv6 ?

nice to see someone interested make the software future friendly and make us get more traffic to our sites that everyone wants

thanks

ow-ghost

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 7 '19

off topic:

i feel exhausted ...i need a holiday...long one and just go fishing or something :)
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Aug 7 '19
I'm not really sure, I will try to make a plugin that fix for the core and make it compatible with all plugins, If that can't be done because of incompatibility of those plugins I will make new plugins that support IPv6.

Could you please list those plugins that you have?

Thank you.

Senior Developer.

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Aug 7 '19

Perhaps the chamial variant accepts this improvement in the nucleus natively, if they improve the nucleus, accept proposals and create a store we will all go to Chamial.

I don't know if the license of the SkaDate plugins (Wink, for example) allows them to be used in Chamial and that can decide if Skadate users go to Chamial as well.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 7 '19
Senior Developer

This plugins use old oxwall ipv4 ip look up:

Profile countries (use oxwall ipv4 table)

User IP Tracker (use oxwall ipv4 table)

Join IP Lookup (removed from my website)

Anti Spam, Anti Bots Killer  (no fully ipv6 support)

IP Quality Score Blocker (i think support ipv6)

Maybe there is some more ...

Join IP Lookup ebanazer or what ever his name is have been removed my license but not return my money 10 usd because he think he correct and i wrong and let see if paypal think the same as he thinks...i will post the result here about that desspute

i would do the despute even if it was 1 usd...for me it is not the money...for me is the way he blame others rather then blame him self for not have proper description for his ip lookup plugin

Artmedia is a great developer and i know he would fix his plugins and not start arguing about it and blame cloudflare,oxwall or me like a child do when something wrong instead fix it or return the money

And Artemdia have done many awsome work in the store so i could not even think about start arguing with him...some plugin he made with my suggestion i could not afford loosing

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Sep 22 '19
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 7 '19

Patricia Zorrilla Bcn

I could think can use that software or oxwall software if there will bee better mobile apps then skadate have and feature added:

- "search for" gender,age,country,city or any profile question you add and the app is list this people for chat with or send a wink to. and have a page that shows who visit your profile.

But if skadate or oxwall team will allow such competion in this store i hard to believe they will do...but i hope they will do...competion is good for everyone
Quote from Patricia Zorrilla Bcn

Perhaps the chamial variant accepts this improvement in the nucleus natively, if they improve the nucleus, accept proposals and create a store we will all go to Chamial.

I don't know if the license of the SkaDate plugins (Wink, for example) allows them to be used in Chamial and that can decide if Skadate users go to Chamial as well.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 8 '19
Update:

Skadate will fix ipv6 problem in upcoming skadate release they told me now.

Great news , but how long that takes can bee from 1 year to 5 years you will never know because they have no visible roadmap for they clients to following

But for oxwallers i think a plugin fix would bee much better and for me to because i not very patient to wait long time for get more traffic to my sites....

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 8 '19
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 8 '19
promise give update about paypal despute:

my 10 usd is returned after 2 days long time waiting for him thinking if he correct or wrong....

it was quick to take back my plugin license it took only 1 hour....

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 8 '19
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Aug 9 '19

What has no explanation is that Skadate sends its customers to buy plugins to the OxWall store and the few who develop plugins for OxWall are denied all information about Skadate "because we are not customers".

As a developer of OxWall plugins, I recommend that Skadate users buy me nothing.

Skadate offers updates of common plugins in Skadate and in OxWall "download it from GitHub"

This is a disaster. Thus, neither Skadate thrives due to lack of collaborators, nor OxWall because it is becoming obsolete.

The developers leave and the plugins are abandoned. New developers are not expected to improve old plugins.

OxWall has lost many users.

In my case, my website is very profitable and I do the plugins and modifications in the kernel for me, some things can be sold in the store and others not. You cannot sell a "patch." Frankly, putting a plugin on sale is not profitable, there are no more than 2 or 3 copies of each sold and there are many things that can be done with minor modifications to the kernel such as creating a new event when a user does something to make your plugin receive it and do something.

Perhaps Chamial brings some improvement to this situation but I don't see that they have an interest in that between people in the development team and a single person for such a large project, I don't see a future. 

Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Aug 9 '19

Patricia Zorrilla Bcn: First of all, make sure that Skadate plugins are useless.

The add-on developer takes shelter behind a few unsuccessful jobs. Products purchased by Oxwall users from this company are unnecessary. This allowance could be given to the real owner on oxwall and given an additional chance.

As a matter of fact, it is necessary to modify the kernel for the IP system problem. Doing this with a plug-in will cause problems in the system configuration. This may have been partially overcome if the server configuration was done correctly. OW-Ghost buddy, you're going to need an active.exe application. If this application is not accepted by the device provided in the transport will appear IP 0.0.0, which wishes to hide. This is because the DNS settings cannot be set correctly or the address is implicit.

I recommend that you investigate the connection with the VPN server. The problem may generate activex.exe which can be added by a user. You can try the connection configuration with VPN. It's not the safest method, but it's one of the best ways. The address will appear as non-static unless you receive static structure validation. With the most optimistic version, you will be able to obtain a common DNS protocol IP.

You should make a more descriptive narration if you don't know exactly what you are planning. I can try to offer you some ways if I can understand you. Senior developer is a good developer and successful person. I suggest you wait for it to work. To provide you with clearer information for the purpose of clarifying the work. Correctly describe the missing situation on Oxwall.

ArtMedia
ArtMedia Aug 10 '19
oxwall core parse all ip address to int and saved on database as int value, so ip address 127.0.0.1 is saved as 2130706433, this work only if ip is on version 4, when oxwall core function try parse ipv6, then always save all ip addresses on atabase as "0", so wen data is get from database and translate to ip address, we will see always 0.0.0.0
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Aug 10 '19
I'm sorry but you don't understand what it says. Perhaps the meaning is reflected after several translations from one language to another. Please try to use simple phrases without local expressions
Quote from Oxwall Türkiye

Patricia Zorrilla Bcn: First of all, make sure that Skadate plugins are useless.

The add-on developer takes shelter behind a few unsuccessful jobs. Products purchased by Oxwall users from this company are unnecessary. This allowance could be given to the real owner on oxwall and given an additional chance.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 10 '19
Okey i understand now...thanks for explain how it works

Quote from ArtMedia oxwall core parse all ip address to int and saved on database as int value, so ip address 127.0.0.1 is saved as 2130706433, this work only if ip is on version 4, when oxwall core function try parse ipv6, then always save all ip addresses on atabase as "0", so wen data is get from database and translate to ip address, we will see always 0.0.0.0

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 25 '19
Any updates on this issue? Someone will try make a fix or we just move on with old IP adresses ? i wish i was a programmer .....i just started learn how setup a server on you own...do i need start learn php programming to? hmmm maybe that will bee next step :) but progamming takes alot of time to much time from me and my family and not sure i ready now to start learn ....maybe when my kid move out i have more time :)

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 25 '19
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Sep 22 '19
Thanks ArtMedia for create ipv6 support at oxwall

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1659

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1466

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1641

hopefully one more plugin he will upgrade :)

Now i can see Ipv6 adresses with cludflare support.

I suggest everyone that run a oxwall website upgrade to ipv6 support because i notice more then 35% of my members have a ipv6 adress :)

Awsome work Artmedia , you take oxwall to the future...Thanks

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Sep 22 '19
Pages: « 1 2