We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

HTTP ERROR 500 problem | Forum

Low
Low Aug 6
Seems like everytime i go and try to put this script as my main site it locks up my site, So i went to put it into a folder, and now i get HTTP ERROR 500. 

my site still works just can't get on to this scripts url. what am i doing wrong? i downlowned the script off of the "Softaculous". i am running this script on another site and it works just fine. 

Senior Developer Leader
Hi Low!

Share your "ow_log/error.log" file so we can see what is the issue.

Senior Developer.

dave Leader
dave Aug 6
+1 SD

Hi, first forget about the self install scripts (softaculous), you will get a better more reliable install by downloading the script and installing manually. 

Then make sure that your host meets all these requirements on the right side of this page. 

https://developers.oxwall.com/hosting

If you are using php 7+ the install script needs to be edited to work correctly as some things have changed with php.  See here  https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/62281

Then if you still have issues post them here.   Hope that helps... 

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 6
Low
Low Aug 6
i dont really know much about the hosting, i go off my mothers hosting. And i will give the download a try, seems like everytime i try to use *filezilla* it always makes my site go offline, not sure what it is. i'm a newbie i feel dumb lol.
Skadate Sweden
Please try share your "ow_log error.log" and your server "apache error log" and we would help you solve the 500 error you get ...

Low
Low Aug 7
I have deleted the script on my site, i am in the moment of uploading the script i downloaded from this site.

Low
Low Aug 7

Quote from Senior Developer Hi Low!

Share your "ow_log/error.log" file so we can see what is the issue.

Senior Developer.

Just looked in my (ow_logs/) and there is no file for the errors.
dave Leader
dave Aug 7
check your public html area for a server error log     

What address does it show in your ow_includes/config.php file 

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 7
Low
Low Aug 7
the error log shows errors for *club* which if i delete that folder, then all them codes goes away. which doesn't explain why i can't install the script i downloaded from this site.

in the ow_includes/config.php there are two config files, one says config.phpand the other says config.php.default

dave Leader
dave Aug 7
thats fine its the .php that you need to look at, not the default.  I have never had two installs of oxwall under two dif folders for the same domain so thats new to me.   

when you run install for the hangout folder, what happens?   I mean does the install even run, can you input values?

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 7
Low
Low Aug 7
my brother actually fixed it, had to do alot of changing with the hosting, so now it works thank you everyone who was helping!
dave Leader
dave Aug 8
Thanks for letting us know.  :)