We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

HTTP ERROR 500 problem | Forum

Low
Low Aug 6 '19
Seems like everytime i go and try to put this script as my main site it locks up my site, So i went to put it into a folder, and now i get HTTP ERROR 500. 

my site still works just can't get on to this scripts url. what am i doing wrong? i downlowned the script off of the "Softaculous". i am running this script on another site and it works just fine. 

Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Aug 6 '19
Hi Low!

Share your "ow_log/error.log" file so we can see what is the issue.

Senior Developer.

dave Leader
dave Aug 6 '19
+1 SD

Hi, first forget about the self install scripts (softaculous), you will get a better more reliable install by downloading the script and installing manually. 

Then make sure that your host meets all these requirements on the right side of this page. 

https://developers.oxwall.com/hosting

If you are using php 7+ the install script needs to be edited to work correctly as some things have changed with php.  See here  https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/62281

Then if you still have issues post them here.   Hope that helps... 

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 6 '19
Low
Low Aug 6 '19
i dont really know much about the hosting, i go off my mothers hosting. And i will give the download a try, seems like everytime i try to use *filezilla* it always makes my site go offline, not sure what it is. i'm a newbie i feel dumb lol.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 7 '19
Please try share your "ow_log error.log" and your server "apache error log" and we would help you solve the 500 error you get ...

Low
Low Aug 7 '19
I have deleted the script on my site, i am in the moment of uploading the script i downloaded from this site.

Low
Low Aug 7 '19

Quote from Senior Developer Hi Low!

Share your "ow_log/error.log" file so we can see what is the issue.

Senior Developer.

Just looked in my (ow_logs/) and there is no file for the errors.
dave Leader
dave Aug 7 '19
check your public html area for a server error log     

What address does it show in your ow_includes/config.php file 

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 7 '19
Low
Low Aug 7 '19
the error log shows errors for *club* which if i delete that folder, then all them codes goes away. which doesn't explain why i can't install the script i downloaded from this site.

in the ow_includes/config.php there are two config files, one says config.phpand the other says config.php.default

dave Leader
dave Aug 7 '19
thats fine its the .php that you need to look at, not the default.  I have never had two installs of oxwall under two dif folders for the same domain so thats new to me.   

when you run install for the hangout folder, what happens?   I mean does the install even run, can you input values?

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 7 '19
Low
Low Aug 7 '19
my brother actually fixed it, had to do alot of changing with the hosting, so now it works thank you everyone who was helping!
dave Leader
dave Aug 8 '19
Thanks for letting us know.  :)
Henry bounse
Henry bounse Jul 4 '23
For me, a clean and functional bathroom is an essential part of self-care. It's the place where I kickstart my morning routine and unwind at night. When my bathroom is in order, it sets a positive tone for the rest of the day and helps me relax before going to bed. I highly recommend making this a priority in your daily life visit, click for more info, Use this website, click to read more, find more info
vhfbnxghnn
vhfbnxghnn Jul 9 '23
GB WhatsApp Download enables users to schedule messages, making it a valuable tool for individuals who need to send messages at specific times. This feature is particularly handy for professionals managing different time zones or for those who wish to send birthday greetings or reminders in advance.
kalvindarwan
kalvindarwan Dec 20 '23
We will even schedule a time to come meet with you, and show you a few examples from our concrete and masonry projects portfolio. Sacramento Fencing Pros - Roseville
James Walter
James Walter Jan 1
We service both trailers and cabs, and we can fix anything from hitches to refrigeration systems. Lafayette Auto Glass Repair
Kelsey Radley
A efficient and tidy bathroom is, in build now gg my opinion, a crucial component of self-care. I relax there at night and get my daily ritual started.