We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Bug Reports - Profile Cover | Forum

Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Jan 12 '15
Jordi,

It requires additional development. I will think about implementing this feature in future updates. Thank you for the suggestion.

Jordi
Jordi Jan 12 '15
thanks! i cant wait to see it happen ;-)
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 10 '15
Hi Sergey

i am getting lots of complaints from users  they don't know how to change there profile avatar
some just do not know the button pops up on mouse over avatar image
most are using tablets and mobiles so theres no way they can change there avatar at all

the button needs to show under the avatar image that shows permanently not on mouse over on desktop and mobile view
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Feb 10 '15
Have no problems with the plugin, its verry nice, thank you Sergey
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 16 '15

Quote from Brian

Oxwall Version: 1.7.2

Theme: Ethos Dark

Plugin: Profile Cover

The change cover button shows in front of everything else on the page as you scroll down. It makes it hard to press the Admin menu buttons that are underneath it.

I am not sure if this is a theme problem or if this is your plugin.

Please let me know thanks!

try it on another theme as it does not do that on any themes u have
Simone
Simone Mar 3 '15
Please can you add an image compression script?

If an user upload 5MB of profile cover I want to make it around 100kb...

thank you

Jordi
Jordi Mar 25 '15
hi... i have a bug.... sometimes a cover that a user uploaded is like its supposed to be 250px high. But some are ver high even much more than 400... 

and i dont know why.

thanks

Jordi
Jordi Mar 25 '15
ohh and i know why now. When  a user upload or change the photo in a small browser window. de cover takes a higher size.

can we solve this?

Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Mar 25 '15
Hello Jordi,

What theme do you use? Could you provide a screenshot. It might happen on themes with not fixed width. It usually a custom theme, because all Oxwall theme are fixed width.

Jordi
Jordi Mar 26 '15
I am using the facebook dark theme. 

the first screenshot is changing the cover in a small browser window and the second is the result in a normal browser window

Jordi
Jordi Apr 1 '15
hello?

tammy harris
tammy harris Apr 1 '15

Quote from Tammy Hi Sergey

i am getting lots of complaints from users  they don't know how to change there profile avatar
some just do not know the button pops up on mouse over avatar image
most are using tablets and mobiles so theres no way they can change there avatar at all

the button needs to show under the avatar image that shows permanently not on mouse over on desktop and mobile view
is there any thing on getting this fixed
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Apr 1 '15

Hello Tammy,

I will think about how to solve the problem till the next plugin update. But I do not know how to do it for now. It is not good to always show the button for desktop users - hover is a better option. Please, feel free to suggest me a solution, it will help. 

Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Apr 1 '15
Jordi,

Oxwall standard themes are not responsive, so I did not encounter the issue during plugin development and testing. It is complicated task to fix the issue but I will try to fix it till the next plugin update.

Jordi
Jordi Apr 2 '15
Sergey thanks for the answer. Responsive site's are a normal thing in 2015. 
tammy harris
tammy harris Apr 2 '15

i think the easiest solution would be to put the button under the avatar
then use css to stile it out on lager screens 

@media
(min-width: 1100px { 

.ow_change_avatar_button{

display: none;important

}

}
@media(min-width:980px)and (max-width:1100px)   .ow_change_avatar_button{display: none;important}}

Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Apr 2 '15

Tammy,

This method will also affect desktop browsers with small screen. Thank you for suggestion.
tammy harris
tammy harris Apr 2 '15
@media(min-width:980px)and (max-width:1100px
if change the 980 down to 780 or lower to tablet size may work
Jordi
Jordi May 6 '15
Hi Sergey,

any update about the bug with the responsive designs?

thanks

Jordi
Jordi May 18 '15
???
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »
This topic is sticky
You do not have permission to reply this topic