We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

What do you think about Oxwall 1.6? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Pete
Pete Jan 18 '14
Dave thank god for that  Lol 
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Jan 18 '14
I have upgraded to 1.6 just to make sure.  I did not experience any of the problems that I have been reading about here (at least not yet).  I apologize for over reacting to the many problems that I have read about and still feel they may have been avoidable with better documentation regarding first disabling all plugins before updating the core.

I am voluntarily deleting a lot of my previous postings here as I was mistaken though I still believe that an open beta for a longer period would have been a better way to go.

Steve Winter

dave Leader
dave Jan 18 '14
Well Steve until you personally apologize to both me and Den, your apology is only half hearted.
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Jan 18 '14

Quote from dave Well Steve until you personally apologize to both me and Den, your apology is only half hearted.

Yes, well to those who showed their defective character by attacking me and trying to have me censored for daring to post criticisms,  I apologize for causing you to do that, but it is good to know who and what you are.

Other than that, have a nice day...

Pete
Pete Jan 18 '14
No one was trying to Attack you Steve ,we were only trying to point out some of the things that you were posting were not 100% true ,has you have found out yourself,1.6 is not has bad has you thought now you have installed it .And I well apologise to you,for some of the things I did say to you to you. I well support anybody with constructive comments good or bad ,if it is 100% true .I think oxwall brought 1,6 sooner because a lot of people were complaining about lack of mobile,and if this were not the case I feel oxwall would have beta tested it longer and added more things into the mobile.
The Forum post is edited by Pete Jan 18 '14
dave Leader
dave Jan 18 '14

Pete don't sweat it, we have nothing to apologize for.  He was way out of bounds with first calling Den scum, and then calling me scum.    And calling people scum has nothing to do with the update and trying to explain that to him is a waist because obviously he does not get it and never will.  But people like him always blame everyone else for their actions don't they, it's never their fault.   But this time we will have the last word.  

Pete
Pete Jan 18 '14
I just apologised to help cool everything down ,I did call the guy a muppit .I am just happy all these arguments or over and we can get back to helping each other .
Austeyr
Austeyr Jan 19 '14
sooooo, G'day fellas, damn been following this thread for a bit now, it's been just like a friday night down the local pub - Good times.  Glad the heat has died down a brother be trippin he's gonna step in the BS.

So just deactivate plugins switch to original theme,backup and download everything. seems pretty simple stuff. Looking forward to upgrading in a few weeks when all probs are sorted. Im still a firm believer "if it's not broken dont fix it."

but looking forward to the new features and creative idea's people come up with for 1.6 

The Forum post is edited by Austeyr Jan 19 '14
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Jan 19 '14
What's wrong with muppits?  

Mr.White
Mr.White Mar 9 '14
Hi all. Thanks for 1.6 reviews. 

Suggestion from newbie: The Demo site should have 1.6. also. 

It'll help a lot. 

The Forum post is edited by Mr.White Mar 9 '14
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн May 17 '14

Mobile Join Access...

Mobile Join Access - Full View...

Mobile View Sample of ability to Customize...

public_html/ow_system_plugins/base

Upload the mobile.zip found at Attachments @ "bottom of this solution" then, refresh and extract.

Head over to public_html/ow_includes

Select Code Editor for config.php

at the very bottom of the sheet/File locate the following:

define('OW_DEBUG_MODE', false);
    define('OW_DEV_MODE', false);

Change items to:

define('OW_DEBUG_MODE', true);
    define('OW_DEV_MODE', true);

Top right select to (Save Changes)

Go to your site and refresh, should notice at bottom a Cache link, click to refresh this, also you will have to clear cache in your mobile device's browser.

Return to editing your config.php

set strings back to
    define('OW_DEBUG_MODE', false);
    define('OW_DEV_MODE', false);

Top right select to (Save Changes)

Finished, enjoy...

The Forum post is edited by Kяuncн May 17 '14
Attachments:
  mobile.zip (100.55Kb)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6