We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

is anyone using affiliate program software? | Forum

Matthias
Matthias Mar 2 '19
I do hope oxwall will release this plugin soon. Keeping this thread alive :)
AppXprt
AppXprt Mar 4 '19
I already have some code related to this, someone provide some information on what you're looking for and I will create it!
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 4 '19
Matthias...i think hard get a affiliate plugin that support all 4 different platforms from skadate and oxwall....but i wish it can do....nothing impossible but hard for SD as he not have any skadate software installed or native mobile apps 
Matthias
Matthias Mar 7 '19

This would be my idea of a good affiliate plugin. I would be happy to see some feedback and/or improvements: 

Plattforms: Oxwall, Skadate, Skadate Android App, Skadate iOS App

Idea: 

a) Grow: Existing users get rewarded for bringing in new users

b) Monetization: Existing users get rewarded if the users they brought on the site spend money. 

This should be a fully automatic system. 

Affiliate-User: User that decides to use the affiliate program

New-User: User that registers on the site/app through the affiliate program. 

1) Existing users can sign up for the affiliate program with the new plugin. They get a pop-up message with legal text and/or information about the affiliate program. They must press "Accept" or "Cancel".  If they press "Accept", they are now affiliate-users.

An Email is sent automatically to the affiliate user welcoming him/her to the affiliate program. The Email also contains the link they should use for the affiliate program and should be adding the legal text to the Email (the one they accepted in the pop-up). 

2) After sign up, they get an individual link (e.g. www.yoursite.com/affiliate/54896325). Klicking this link will lead to the landing page and new users can register. This registration is tracked and connected to the affiliate-user. 

3) The affiliate-users can now spread this link on forums, websites, comments etc.

4) The plugin tracks the new users behaviour on the website/app. The tracked behaviour is:

a) Registration

b) Purchase Credits

c) Purchase Membership (and how long, e.g 1 month, 3 month, 6 month etc). 

5) Site Admins can set the reward for each behaviour (a, b, c) with Credits or Memberships. It is possible to give no rewards for certain behaviour, for example if you only want to reward affiliate-users if the new users spend money on your site, but not for registration. 

6) If affiliate users earned a reward, they automatically get the reward on their account. They will also receive an Email informing them about the rewards. 

Site Admin Access: 

Site Admins have access to the following information in the admin-backend: 

1) Name of Affiliate-User

2) Individual link of Affiliate-User

3) Amount of registrations and account-names of the new users (for fraud-protection)

4) Amount of credits purchased by the new users. 

5) Amount of memberships purchased by the new users. 

Affiliate-Users have access to the following information in the plugin:

1) Their personal individual Link

2) Amount of registrations through this link. NO information about the new users (privacy laws, data protection), for example: Registrations: 48. 

Additional thoughts:

This is a perfect world scenario, we could also think about a "basic" start by removing e.g. "memberships" as a reward. 

AppXprt
AppXprt Mar 7 '19
Yea this is a huge undertaking, even bigger than PWA stuff, but maybe not quite as large as OxHybrid (130+MB)

One problem is, a lot of sites use different currencies and credit systems right?

Which ones and how many of them should the developer account for and which are used the most?

I really hope Senior Developer has made some progress with this because it is a huge project.

I would like to wait and hear from him on where he is at before starting on something like this and would need some initial investment for sure.

I would also have to wait until I've completed some previous plugins, projects and engagements.

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Mar 7 '19
Matthias
Matthias Mar 11 '19
Thank you for the feedback. I will reach out to SD to see if he is still working on this. 

I understand this is quite a project. Maybe starting with a limited version is the better idea and then build it from there?

For example: 

1) Users have to write Email to admins that they want to take part in the affiliate program

2) Admins can create individual links and give it to the users via Email

3) Link tracks all registrations through this link

4) Admin can check each link and the registrations (= which users registered through this link) and therefore give out rewards manually. 

So basically this is most of the "automated" process gone and replaced by manual work. Maybe that would be a good start for the plugin that does not take so much time to program?

FB
FB Mar 13 '19
Interesting thread, I will follow it.
Matthias
Matthias Mar 27 '19
Unfortunatley, I have not received any answer from Senior Developer. I guess we all hope he is OK and will return soon!

Is any developer ready to create maybe an tuned-down, easier version of this? It could be as simple as that: 

For example: 

1) Users have to write Email to admins that they want to take part in the affiliate program

2) Admins can create individual links and give it to the users via Email

3) Link tracks all registrations through this link

4) Admin can check each link and the registrations (= which users registered through this link) and therefore give out rewards manually. 

FB
FB Mar 27 '19
Matthias, I've not tested it but, does not this plugin cover quite more than your minimum?

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/648

Matthias
Matthias Mar 27 '19
Hi FB,

I checked this plugin, but the developer seems to have abandond the project. It was last updated 5 years ago and user are complaing (reviews, plugin forum) that there is no support. 

The last time this dev created a plugin was 2015 - 4 years ago. So all not reassuring to get this and I am not sure it would really fit the need. I need a plugin that uses the existing userbase to promote the website to their friends. This plugin is more for other companies that would work on CPL deal or similiar. 

FB
FB Mar 27 '19
Ah, sorry, as I'm indeed interested in a "company affiliate" plugin I didn't take the meaning of "users" literally, but you are right.

Regarding the developer it's true, sadly, he doesn't answer PM or e-mails. But, years ago, one of the developers of CandyStore made a bunch of customization to my old site and I was quite impressed about their quality, really good. 
Additionally, I've just bought a couple of its old plugins and work really well. I mean that I trust its quality enough to give them a try if SeniorDeveloper doesn't finish its plugin in the next months or if it's only targeted to "viral affiliation".

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 27 '19
I use the old affiliate plugin https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/648 and i can confirm it is working fully with no issues at all. and i acctually happy with it. not much to complain about more then it is not support all platforms like native skadate apps and PWA apps....

but no problem because my affiliates are use desktop websites so there is no issue with this plugin that i can really see what it is need more then better support backup when need add some extra feature or add some smaller bug....because yes i see they respond time is way to slow in the plugin forum

can you in short tell what this plugin not have? just in short text

Thanks

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Mar 27 '19
FB
FB Mar 27 '19
Hi Ghost, good to know from a direct experience, thanks.

(I'm assuming that your last question is for Matthias).

ArtMedia
ArtMedia Mar 28 '19

i wanted creating this plugin, but then SD write that working on it, so i resign ;)

maybe in future i will be back to it if SD leave it back

Matthias
Matthias Apr 2 '19
I guess we all hope to hear from SD again. So far, I got no respones. Here is for hoping! SD is another great Devs who activley listens to the community here and tries to make oxwall/skadate better. *fingers crossed*

@Topic

Besides the issue with the plugin being 4 years old and the apparently "dead" developer behind it, I really wanted a plugin that uses the existing userbase for promoting the website and in exchange giving them credits to use on the website. 

The mentioned plugin sure works great for "classic" Affiliate plugins for business partners. My idea is however to engage the existing userbase to grow the userbase. With a credit system that would be an easy way to grow your community without having too many expenses since you keep the money within your website. 

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 3 '19
Okey, i got it...
Quote from Matthias I guess we all hope to hear from SD again. So far, I got no respones. Here is for hoping! SD is another great Devs who activley listens to the community here and tries to make oxwall/skadate better. *fingers crossed*

@Topic

Besides the issue with the plugin being 4 years old and the apparently "dead" developer behind it, I really wanted a plugin that uses the existing userbase for promoting the website and in exchange giving them credits to use on the website. 

The mentioned plugin sure works great for "classic" Affiliate plugins for business partners. My idea is however to engage the existing userbase to grow the userbase. With a credit system that would be an easy way to grow your community without having too many expenses since you keep the money within your website. 

AppXprt
AppXprt Apr 3 '19
I was thinking about doing this, but it is such a huge undertaking and I don't really have much experience in affiliate marketing...

But... I hear Dave MIGHT be coming out of retirement and has some extensive experience in this, so you never know...

I'd be willing to help with what I have already, which is not too much...

I was using affiliate ID's to integrate an in house crypto-currency for use as site tokens letting users mine the coins on a closed network (through the site) to prevent GPU mining and limit to Mobile / Desktop / Laptop browsers at 10% CPU to keep mining difficulty low with high user experience. I had everything working and was about to release a few apps along with updates to my social media and dating sites/apps. The day before I was about to release a treasure trove on the Play Store, Google banned mining apps.......

That was actually the day I gave up on a few dreams including paying users back for their content and contribution.

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Apr 3 '19
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 3 '19

Little bit off topic and leasson for they who runs affiliate programs

Today i was delete one affiliate from my website.

He was very smart, at least he think so.

He used my fully brand name and did marketing that name on google ads with his affiliate link that i was give to him.

I no need have someone advertising my brand that already RANK 1 on google and take my money that belongs to me because hard work marketing my brand.

If he was advertising a keyword to my website i would bee very happy that is not rank 1 on google but this smart idiot was marketing my brand that have been on top of google in 3 years o more. It calls smart advertising and easy money in cost of my brand

What suprised he will bee when he try log in his affiliate program tomorrow when he can not sign in anymore ^^

And another one he was sign up with fake accounts and then payes membership that most expensive one and then he was demand money back from his bank and tell his bank he never sign up on my site. so i was need sue him or put him in court for proof he really signed up on my site but i feel i was no have the time and money do that. and i notice this happen many times and i start looking my affiliates because i feel something suspecius and yes correct.....one of my affiliate try fool me on money with his many credit cards and banks that he telling never sign up on my site.

so he was get payed for the member upgrade and me need retunr his money that i did not first understand it was him try fool me

So bee careful when use affilaite programs there is many ways people can fool you....but i think i know all now i hope there is not more tricks ....some people are desperate of get money

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Apr 3 '19
AppXprt
AppXprt Apr 3 '19
Yeap, I think that is what they're after for sure and I would be interested in time as well!
The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Apr 3 '19
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Apr 9 '19
Hi everyone!

First of all, I want to say sorry for being away for so long.

Second, I'm going to answer to all of your messages, I will be here for at least 2 months starting right now.

Third, my plugin is uploaded and pending approval, you will be able to buy the affiliate plugin here once they approve it. 

This plugin works with CREDITS plugin only. I'm making another plugin for real money only, It should be ready next week.

Senior Developer.

Pages: « 1 2 3 »