We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Plugins not working on mobile - so sad | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Kenneth
Kenneth Dec 6 '16
Welcome to the mobile world....

Today, more than 80% of vistors and members are using mobile for my oxwall sites and the most important plugins can not be used....

Calendar (oxwall plugin)

Photo Contest (Idragon Solutions)

Articles (Idragon Solutions)

I am very sad after I have used almost 2 years on my websites and my members call it useless :( 

What to do? 

Best wishes, Kenneth

dave Leader
dave Dec 6 '16
You contact idragon and see if they will update those plugins to support mobile.  Contact them via their website ticket service.

You check the store to see if there is a calendar that supports mobile. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Dec 6 '16
Kenneth
Kenneth Dec 6 '16
...I have tried, but none fundamental plugins (Calendar, events, Articles, contest etc.) are mobile friendly :(

Maybe I have to find another platform wich is for modern community. Now I have lost thousand hours....

Best wishes,

Kenneth

dave Leader
dave Dec 6 '16
Running away every time an obstacle comes around is not going to lead you to success. Are you saying that idragon does not answer your requests on their website tickets, they have been pretty good with replying that i know of.  

Running any website and especially a social site has lots of challenges, those that succeed more often tend to stick to thier guns and overcome obstacles.  I suggest you stick with it because no matter what software you use, there will always be challenges.  

If you have not started a ticket for idragon on their website i suggest you do so.  And let me know their reply ok... 

Hang in there :)

The Forum post is edited by dave Dec 6 '16
Kenneth
Kenneth Dec 6 '16
Thanks for positive reply :) 
Kenneth
Kenneth Jan 3 '17
Now I am very very sad....

I have recived answer from IDragonSolution and there will not be any update before

blogs, calender etc. from oxwall plugin works on mobile... Here is the answer:

"I've checked with the development team and got that oxwall currently does not support Mobile version fully. Until Blogs, Events, Groups ... are implemented to work on mobile, we will take time to have a look on this."

So my oxwall site will almost be useless for my users until then. Here in Denmark (Scandinavia) more than 80% internet use is at mobile...

What is the Oxwall plugin status for update?????

Best wishes, Kenneth 

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 11 '17
I send ticket to idragon solution they never answered my ticket so dave i would you not recommend people send ticket to them. there will bee no answers. 

Never again i send a ticket to them, they will only answers ticket they want to answer.

Folks always post issues on public plugin forums never send tickets or private messages about issues then we other will never know how this people handle customers

And i agree it is sad that so many BASIC oxwall plugins not support mobile version. but the TEAM are small and wheels are turn slowly and we or should i say dave have ask for a guide for developers make they plugins mobile friendly but no update yet

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 11 '17
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Jan 12 '17
Hi Kenneth!

Making actual plugins compatible with Mobile is not rocket science, maybe you should hire an experienced developer to make them compatible with your Mobile website.

In my website I'm currently using a responsive theme, so everything works as it should on iOS, Android, Windows, Linux and Mac. Everyone sees the same on all devices. But I don't have that those plugins installed, so I can't tell if that works in your case.

I wish you good luck!

Marius
Marius Jul 14 '18

@Senior Developer,

Please , read PM.  I have problems with two plugins  ( Random Users and Photo Upload Automation Bot )

Quote from Senior Developer Hi Kenneth!

Making actual plugins compatible with Mobile is not rocket science, maybe you should hire an experienced developer to make them compatible with your Mobile website.

In my website I'm currently using a responsive theme, so everything works as it should on iOS, Android, Windows, Linux and Mac. Everyone sees the same on all devices. But I don't have that those plugins installed, so I can't tell if that works in your case.

I wish you good luck!

dave Leader
dave Jul 14 '18
Marius,  

As stated before, changing your theme to a responsive theme is easier than having to update each plugin. 

Simply use a responsive theme (change if you have to) and then go into oxwall admin and under mobile and disable the mobile version.  You will see that your site and those plugins now work with your responsive theme.   

There are obvious exceptions such as if the plugin developer did not use flexible code such as percents in his css and hard coded at specific numbers, or if they did not use default css which exists in the standard oxwall release.  But many times you will find this is not the case. 

Hope that helps. 

Marius
Marius Jul 15 '18

Thank you  very much, Dave ! Solved whith Random Users !  

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Oct 10 '18
I have this info on my network:

Welcome to our new site! Feel free to participate in our community! PS: Our network is very rich in content and is therefore not mobile-friendly. Works best on laptop, desktop PC or tablet. We have no plans today to provide support for mobile use. "

https://www.ketilsnettverk.org/index

https://ketilsnettverk.org/groups-forums/index

IDragonSolution does not help improve its existing plugin to support mobile, but seeks to make more money making multiple plugins that support mobile. My experience is also, the more plugins you install, the slower the Oxwall runs in general. So what IDragonSolution does is just idiotic.

AppXprt
AppXprt Oct 10 '18
So what is the best Responsive theme to use?
Qhaaf Bedding
Qhaaf Bedding Aug 16 '23
Discover the perfect fit for your sleep space with Qhaaf Bedding's fitted sheets online. Elevate comfort and elegance effortlessly.
James Walter
James Walter Jan 2
We are a locally-owned and operated business that has been proudly serving the Visalia community for many years. Dothan Towing Company
macallister
macallister Feb 18
I’m encouraged while using surpassing along with preachy list that you just adorn such minor timing. Intian e konferenssiviisumi
macallister
macallister Feb 28
Interesting and amazing how your post is! It Is Useful and helpful for me That I like it very much, and I am looking forward to Hearing from your next.. come evitare il rifiuto del visto per la Turchia online
SEO QUEEN
SEO QUEEN Mar 2
I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work. Near Me
MUZAMMIL SEO
MUZAMMIL SEO Mar 3
I read that Post and got it fine and informative.Dryer Vent Cleaning
MUZAMMIL SEO
MUZAMMIL SEO Mar 4
Just admiring your work and wondering how you managed this blog so well. It’s so remarkable that I can't afford to not go through this valuable information whenever I surf the internet!Click Here