We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Is it Oxwall game over? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jun 18 '18
I manually updated those plugins by downloading them and downloading them into the plugin admin and then updating db. Now it's all right, so far.
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jun 18 '18
I go to sleep here now. Thanks for all this. I see some hope now.

Its onely oxwall fork so far, or is the something new change in Owengine?

edward
edward Jun 18 '18
is work in php7, don't know what did but work lot faster, i see they have roadmap and i want they app they making
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jun 18 '18
Ok. Have registrerd on your nettwork now, god night here. Talks more to morov.
edward
edward Jun 18 '18
good night
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jun 18 '18
Yes its more faster then oxwall. Nice, verry nice. 
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jun 19 '18

I urge Oxwall users to emigrate to Owengine

I have upgraded both my networks to this new Oxwall fork platform.

https://www.ketilsnettverk.org/index     https://ketilsnettverk.org/groups/index

It works excellent and all plugins are all right. This is where new things will happen to this platform in the future. Owengine is the future where Oxwall is the past.

I was greatly surprised at how fast my network was after this upgrade to owengine

https://www.owengine.com

dave Leader
dave Jun 19 '18
ArtMedia are you related to phpbb artodia?

What are you all going to do if the store goes dark in July?  That is the issue you all should be discussing now!  I know many of you dont believe it will, but you better have a plan just in case!

The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 19 '18
Lee
Lee Jun 19 '18
We're already planning on raiding your fridge. Party @ Dave's!!
Quote from dave ArtMedia are you related to phpbb artodia?

What are you all going to do if the store goes dark in July?  That is the issue you all should be discussing now!  I know many of you dont believe it will, but you better have a plan just in case!

dave Leader
dave Jun 19 '18
Go ahead, all youll find is bread, soda, bologna, hotdogs, milk, and peaches.   
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jun 20 '18
No beer ? LOL.....So guys you mean if the store goes down all plugins will stop working at all ? :(
Quote from dave Go ahead, all youll find is bread, soda, bologna, hotdogs, milk, and peaches.   

Lee
Lee Jun 20 '18
No store, no updates. Existing sites shouldn't have any issues, but attempting to install plugins or themes on new sites will be an issue as the license keys won't be able to be validated.

He hides his beer .... :)

Quote from Webster Molaudi No beer ? LOL.....So guys you mean if the store goes down all plugins will stop working at all ? :(
Quote from dave Go ahead, all youll find is bread, soda, bologna, hotdogs, milk, and peaches.   

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jun 20 '18

As I've seen what has happened to other paying plugins when developers have finished their account, you have been able to install these plugins without the license key question in the admin panel!

As possible, the license keys depend on the fact that oxwall is up! And if oxwall disappears from the net! then the automatic license requirement disappears in the admin panel! Just some thoughts here.

dave Leader
dave Jun 20 '18
Quote "As possible, the license keys depend on the fact that oxwall is up! And if oxwall disappears from the net! then the automatic license requirement disappears in the admin panel! Just some thoughts here."

Ketil - i dont believe that is how it works.  Keys will still need to be validated when adding new plugins if it is a paid plugin.  Free plugins dont require it so they should be fine. 

But it wont matter because if no store then noone can buy a new plugin anyway as the store wont be there to purchase from.

However i am not sure if oxwall checks keys for current plugins or not when loading.  If so then no paid plugins will work.

About beer - i stopped drinking in my mid 30's - i had enough of the party lifestyle and just didnt enjoy it anymore.   

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jun 20 '18

One example:

Cool CKEditor is suspended from oxwall

But in Store, I can still download Cool CKEditor and license keys are also available. But when I install the plugin, do not ask oxwall for this.

Same is it for:

Country Flag

My File Manager

Video Uploader - Redesigned

Comment editor

Advanced Comments

The Forum post is edited by Ketil Ervik Jun 20 '18
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jun 20 '18

Suspended Plugins you can still download them and they don't need lincence keys as far as i know, i have many suspended plugins....i don't know why are they suspended ...did they break the oxwall terms of use or developer did something wrong ?

I don't know....!!

Quote from Ketil Ervik

One example:

Cool CKEditor is suspended from oxwall

But in Store, I can still download Cool CKEditor and license keys are also available. But when I install the plugin, do not ask oxwall for this.

Same it is for:

Country Flag

My File Manager

Video Uploader - Redesigned

Comment editor

Advanced Comments

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jun 20 '18
I experimented a little bit here and found that you do not have to click the reset button in Store to reinstall the plugin. This means that you can copy the license key to a notisblock and save it for future use.
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jun 20 '18

Now I tested this with a new test installation of oxwall.

And installed a paid plugin that still exists on oxwall "WYSIWYGEDITOR"

And used the existing lisens key without clicking the reset button in the store.

And no, no problem, it was approved.

This means that you shoud downloading all plugins and copying all license keys, and making a list and take backup of everything.

Lee
Lee Jun 20 '18
The only time you would have to reset the plugin/theme keys is when you are installing in a new domain. I believe the key just checks your domain Ip to make sure you're not installing multiple copies of the product, on multiple websites at the same time.

If the store goes away, the key won't matter because there will be no way to validate the license.

Owengine has plans for their own store, for developers to have a place to sell their products.

Not sure about Oxwall Plus's plans to implement a store - would have to ask Artmedia.

The Forum post is edited by Lee Jun 20 '18
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jun 20 '18

But is it the Oxwall website / Store that checks if you install the same plugin on two different domains? or Oxwall software?

So whether it's Oxwall website / store checks this, and the website closed down and the store disappear! neither is anyone looking for this anymore!

As I see it:

As long as you have saved the plugin and license keys, you can reinstall the plugin with a new domain. Who checks this if Oxwall disappears?

"Suspended Plugins you can still download them and they don't need lincence keys as far as i know, i have many suspended plugins....i don't know why are they suspended ...did they break the oxwall terms of use or developer did something wrong ?

I don't know....!!"

Not this developer. He gave only up this develop and leave Oxwall for god.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »
This topic is locked