We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Is it Oxwall game over? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Apr 3 '18
Paypal
Quote from Chris_W How did you pay for the plugin?
Quote from Webster Molaudi $20 :( I asked the developer a way forward but now he fights with me....the problem is the plugin is still in the store, it is not his fault i understand but he just blew his top off.

Webster Molaudi
5 months ago (27th October 2017) , i don't know for how long it has been taken down because most users use paypal on my site.
Quote from Morena Milani
Quote from Webster Molaudi Hi Guys, sorry to take you all off topic but i need your help, read here : https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/60551?page=1#post-224191

My question is can one request a refund in a situation like this or an exchange because the plugin aint working nomore and will never will.

How long ago did you get it? and what payment method did you use? 

Webster Molaudi
I know that's what i thought hence i was asking you guys for your opinion maybe i was wrong :( , but some of his response to me was which really pissed me off :(

"I dont know if i still be developing plugins, because your behavior. If oxwall dead, you will want refund money for all buyed plugins from all developers?"

Quote from OW-Ghost he have DONE the work already and the plugin was working fully i guess and now this service close and in that case we probably could not blame the developer because he did what was right and finish a product....hmmm....but i can bee wrong...i only guessing :) i leave that question to someone else
Quote from Webster Molaudi $20 :( I asked the developer a way forward but now he fights with me....the problem is the plugin is still in the store, it is not his fault i understand but he just blew his top off.

The Forum post is edited by Webster Molaudi Apr 3 '18
Webster Molaudi
Yeap, that is what i did....i contacted paypal just to hear their side of the story, but that's why i asked you guys from consumer and developer point of you.
Quote from Chris_W Well if the plugin was working, and the only reason it quit was because the service it connected to was discontinued, then the dev' has no obligation to refund you, as it was out of his control.

Having said that, it wouldn't do any harm to contact PayPal to get their take on it.

Morena Milani
Morena Milani Apr 3 '18
Quote from Webster Molaudi 5 months ago (27th October 2017) , i don't know for how long it has been taken down because most users use paypal on my site.
Quote from Morena Milani
Quote from Webster Molaudi Hi Guys, sorry to take you all off topic but i need your help, read here : https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/60551?page=1#post-224191

My question is can one request a refund in a situation like this or an exchange because the plugin aint working nomore and will never will.

How long ago did you get it? and what payment method did you use? 

It's been too long to open a dispute on PayPal. Only advice ask them what you can do, explaining that the developer has deleted the plugin purchased by giving them all the details, maybe I can give you a solution. 
ArtMedia
ArtMedia Apr 3 '18
i dont fighting, im little angry, because I created this plugin, because you write to me and now you want refund (you created thread on paypal). Created this plugin cost me about 150$ (5 hours x 30$), i sell only two licences, so i never refund money for my work. I dont create plugin as my hobby, but to earn formy life. This is my point of view.

Maybe create custom plugins only for individual clients, where they will pay for all my working hours is solution? I sure apply this scheme to creating payment gateways.

And i deleted plugin, when you write to me, so dont accuse me that i still sell this plugin.

And this is very rude to quote part my private messages to you on public forum
The Forum post is edited by ArtMedia Apr 3 '18
Webster Molaudi
Thanks for deleting, I guess we were both wrong....i only quoted the part which made me angry, already they said what you said here that it is not your fault....I was trying to get an advice from Oxwallers. I understand you were angry and i was angry at your response as well from a customer point of view...hence i apologised.

ArtMedia
ArtMedia Apr 3 '18

Webster Molaudi creating plugins isnt profitable business for now, so i create less plugins, because updating old require time. Now i focus on work on custom oxwall projects for individual clients, because this is profitable.

Topic closed ;)

Btw. i create own oxwall fork, maybe send you some screens.

Webster Molaudi
Thanks ArtMedia, All resolved guys....thanks once again for everyone's advice and input :) we sorted the matter out !!
Quote from ArtMedia

Webster Molaudi creating plugins isnt profitable business for now, so i create less plugins, because updating old require time. Now i focus on work on custom oxwall projects for individual clients, because this is profitable.

Topic closed ;)

Btw. i create own oxwall fork, maybe send you some screens.

dave Leader
dave Apr 3 '18
Paypal's new rules actually protect sellers better than before, especially on non-tangible items (like downloaded software).  Plus with it being 5+ mos.  I am sure paypal will tell you their hands are tied and that you will need to either take it up with the dev or take them to small claims court.   

The seller only needs to demonstrate that they offered you a reasonalbe solution to solve the issue. If you choose not to take advantage of that solution then you would most likely lose any case you filed with paypal anyway. 

So far i have won every single case anyone has filed.  I even filed one for a customer to beat him to the punch because i was sick of him threatening me to do that and i documented every conversation.  I won that case as well.    I also won a case after 4 months where the customer lost with paypal the first time so he filed another case saying it was not authorized sale.  Took 4 mos and paypal was right there with me the whole way letting me know the status, yes i had a hold on the money for 4 months but then his bank denied his claim as well so i got the money back.  

If you are a honest dev and do good things and document them you will win your cases, if you dont and you suck ass then youll lose.  

Webster i dont know if you saw this or not but i will get that job done before i leave...  

https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/60547?page=1#post-224169

The Forum post is edited by dave Apr 3 '18
Webster Molaudi
Will have a look dave, thanks !!
dave Leader
dave Apr 15 '18
I have heard (through the rumor mill) that oxwall may have plans to go strictly mobile and leave the desktop version behind.   Its just what i hear and has NOT been confirmed.  The way i heard it is that Emil is having the team work on the mobile version only and no more updates to the desktop will be done going forward.  

As always i hope i am wrong on this (dropping the desktop), but i thought i should at least say what i heard.  

The Forum post is edited by dave Apr 16 '18
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Apr 16 '18
That will be great, i think Desktop for now they have done enough though they just need to fix minor bugs and issues though but so far im happy with Desktop at the current state.
JB TECH
JB TECH Apr 16 '18

Quote from Chris_W Maybe the guys a https://www.owengine.com found out some time ago? They may not be anything to do with the Oxwall team, but that doesn't mean they don't know them?

Seems like someone took my suggestion of revising Oxwall into their own software. But I don't get it. Why are there people donating $100 here and there but there seems to be no features showcase or releases different from the og Oxwall?
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 16 '18
i hope it was native mobile apps they work on...but i doubt it...
The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Apr 16 '18
Jason
Jason Apr 17 '18
I have only just started to use OXWALL in the past couple of weeks..

1. ZERO support - I have tried and tried to resolve some issues with my test install, no one responds to your requests for help and plugins like sharethis etc, are not supported by the company Sharethis.
2. Things just don;t work - Sharing of individual posts on Newsfeed, or Photos, just doesn't work.
3. Packaged Plugins - some of these are complex and backwards.. again Sharing, for example does not work as advertised.
4. Features that are advertised as Features are not features..they just don't work,   and do not live upto the advertising.

About to pull the plug and ask for money back, all plugins, and hosting..  I have a great need for a site like OXWALL promises to be, but cannot live with the lack of support and integration I have experienced so far.
JB TECH
JB TECH Apr 17 '18

Quote from Chris_W If you investigate you find that the donations appear to be by members of the owengine development team.

https://www.owengine.com/user/alexa

https://www.owengine.com/user/modd

https://www.owengine.com/user/magnus

Quote from Jake
Quote from Chris_W Maybe the guys a https://www.owengine.com found out some time ago? They may not be anything to do with the Oxwall team, but that doesn't mean they don't know them?

Seems like someone took my suggestion of revising Oxwall into their own software. But I don't get it. Why are there people donating $100 here and there but there seems to be no features showcase or releases different from the og Oxwall?

Yes, I just realized that after my initial post. Hm.
dave Leader
dave Apr 17 '18
Jason, you can still run a successful sight as many now do.  You just have to pick and choose your plugins carefully.
Sumate
Sumate May 7 '18

SERGEY PRYADKIN

This gentleman is from the oxwall team. He is currently active. There are updates in his plugins. I do not understand how it is possible that there is no answer. As a developer, I am very concerned about this.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 8 '18
Sumate

Can you eloborate "no answers" ? have you send Sergey a PM ? or what do you mean?

In my opinion it is Emil that need stop the silence if he want save this software from not everyone leaving and why is it so hard do that? he talks on youtube in public so it would bee much easier say something here in his own forum? or his blog

but i think the silence must bee good ? i confused 100% about this software and skadate to. now totally silence in 1 week from skadate? before ross help me everyday but now someone new help me everything good about the fast support was gone? and i really tired to tell them answer my tickets all the time it should not bee like that. i support as much i can do with money but i think it is not a money issue anymore it must bee proud issue and internal fights i just guessing because you never get any information from them about this

one more credit to ross at skadate he used his real name all the time i like that very much . now i need to talk to russian girl names "natacha" "anna" how seriously are that? ....i have no words but do they really think i would belive i talk wiht a computer excpert with name natacha and anna...at least use your nick names when talk with customers in the skadate ticket support it looks much better and more adult to do then girl names

Is it a hard rock song that goes "break the silence" ? :) 

oh now i know i was thinking about the song "breaking the law" hahaha

Emil he like play guitar i see on internet, so now Emil "break the law! i mean break the silence! :)))

We customers want to know more about the future !!!

Ow-ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost May 8 '18
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »
This topic is locked