We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Is it Oxwall game over? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
dave Leader
dave Apr 1 '18
Notice they only had enough confidence for a one year domain registration.  Yes they need a proof reader for their pages for sure. And there is no download yet.  You may be correct in that it may just be a way to get donations and then poof..gone..
dave Leader
dave Apr 1 '18
Thats great Chris, thanks for sharing...  :)
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 1 '18
he talk about trusted people...

If is there a reason to trust this SR and his oxwall project then he would show at least he is a old member here and i 100% sure he is a old member here, and i would trust this guy and his oxwall project much much more :)

good news is that many are interested to update the core and tired to wait many years for oxwall team doing it...

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Apr 1 '18
dave Leader
dave Apr 1 '18
The only way i would have anything to do with that project is if they proved to me they had a valid business license and could prove their good intent.  And of course provide more transparentcy. 
The Forum post is edited by dave Apr 1 '18
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Apr 2 '18

Had the people behind Oxwall had some kind of seriousness, then they had posted the necessary answers a long time ago. Either has they gone away forever, or they are too cowardly to say the truth! I think after such a long time, without any explanation whatsoever, this silence, well, someone is grabbing the project, renaming it and moving it forward in development. The Oxwall owners obviously provide dam shiit in their supporters! Oxwall has to be downloaded, into another software workshop, changed name and out on a new server. Oxwall may still remain so that previous plugins and themes can be installed in a new developing software.

Now most people must have understood that most likely, Oxwall will not exist in a few years, maybe not after the domain expires!

I therefore encourage everyone to download their plugins and themes also all that's free. Save it with three different copies. Do not forget to download all documentation.

The game is over for Oxwall with those developers once, realize it once and for all, they will not return. They only maintain everything until the domain has expired, so it's defenitively over. No idea to speculate. I think the entire project's development and survival depends on the fact that some developers grab the project as I have highlighted it over here.

The Forum post is edited by Ketil Ervik Apr 2 '18
dave Leader
dave Apr 2 '18
The bad part about owengine is that it still depends on the oxwall store to stay up and running.  Since skadate also depends on the store then i would expect the store to continue to function.  

However, i would feel much more confortable if owengine had its own store and yet could recognize the oxwall keys (maybe as an archive feature or something).

Den told me a few years ago that they were thinking of releasing the oxwall store as a purchasable product but i guess that idea died as well. 

dave Leader
dave Apr 2 '18
Did you happen to ask them why the project has stalled?
dave Leader
dave Apr 2 '18
Thanks for the link,  well so now i dont understand why they dont just release what they have and update it as they go.  This would give people more confidence having something rather than nothing at all.   No download just makes people worry about it being a scam of some kind.  

It does not have to be perfect before they release it.  They also do not have to make it support php7 before release which is something else that can be done along the way.  

dave Leader
dave Apr 2 '18
true :)
Morena Milani
Morena Milani Apr 3 '18
With the fast internet line that I have the owengine site gives me error 503 only with 4G or adsl it works. They do not convince me they do not have the license of the software to do what they say and they only accept danations. Spammers need good hosting.
Quote from Chris_W The spam on here is getting bloody ridiculous! The sooner we get our own thing going, or owengine is released, so we can all move somewhere that gives a damn, the better.

Morena Milani
Morena Milani Apr 3 '18
Quote from Chris_W That's odd, I can access the site from my fixed broadband connection. It also works OK with the Vodafone Mobile broadband I have, and on my smartphone.

Oxwall is licenced under CPAL 1.0 which makes it free to modify and distribute.

Quote from Morena Milani With the fast internet line that I have the owengine site gives me error 503 only with 4G or adsl it works. They do not convince me they do not have the license of the software to do what they say and they only accept danations. Spammers need good hosting.

My high-speed landline is not broadband and is yours. Only with the 4G opens. Their server is not responding to my request is slow. If they want trust they have to show their work and not ask for contributions as they wrote. 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 3 '18
I demand them to tell what "username" they use at oxwall forum this guys that working on this owengine if they want some support back for start this project

IF NOT i will NEVER support that software in my entire life time .... i like things build up on honest people and i 100% sure they have been on oxwall forum for a VERY long time! (one day it will shows clearly so it better they tell who they are to build trust )

Proberly if they try everythng they can for hide they identity and very good at setup oxwall platform on a cloud server then they are not amatuers at oxwall and i feel they hide something for us

And i will not support any more "former" oxwall members like "smith" that run away with money.

Act like adults and show your username here on oxwall and you get some respect back!

End of story

ow-ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Apr 3 '18
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 3 '18
I can not take that project seriously as there is ghost who runs it and they read this topic probably already 100 times what we say about them and they not respond with they user names here i not like at all

i can only speak for my self 0% interested in such project but it could bee good if they are much more open who they are. at least show they "usernames" here at oxwall forum i not ask for real names if they want hide they identity im okey with that ...and they talk they are big skalfa fan then who are you in this forum....lol

the big question is :

is there people here at oxwall forum that show interested TALK with people with same platform and show interest make platform and plugins much better OR is it people that have develop here before and stop support they stuff and try now again HIT and RUN with money, for try milk some more money out from oxwall

I HOPE it is people that are ACTIVE on this forum and like bring up things BUT my heart says it is people that not build up such reputation here at this forum and store....

I would see someone that spend alot of time here at oxwall and develop alot of plugins and support his plugins run such project and i would bee glad join such project

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Apr 3 '18
Hi Guys, sorry to take you all off topic but i need your help, read here : https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/60551?page=1#post-224191

My question is can one request a refund in a situation like this or an exchange because the plugin aint working nomore and will never will.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 3 '18
+1
Quote from Chris_W Well I have no evidence of their validity/integrity one way or the other, or any evidence they are registered here or have anything to do with Oxwall.

Until I get evidence for any of that, I'll reserve judgement on their intentions.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 3 '18
i think you screwed....how much did you pay for the plugin? was you loosing any money in some money account?
Quote from Webster Molaudi Hi Guys, sorry to take you all off topic but i need your help, read here : https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/60551?page=1#post-224191

My question is can one request a refund in a situation like this or an exchange because the plugin aint working nomore and will never will.

Morena Milani
Morena Milani Apr 3 '18
Quote from Chris_W Well I have no evidence of their validity/integrity one way or the other, or any evidence they are registered here or have anything to do with Oxwall.

Until I get evidence for any of that, I'll reserve judgement on their intentions.

Great! 
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Apr 3 '18
$20 :( I asked the developer a way forward but now he fights with me....the problem is the plugin is still in the store, it is not his fault i understand but he just blew his top off.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 3 '18
he have DONE the work already and the plugin was working fully i guess and now this service close and in that case we probably could not blame the developer because he did what was right and finish a product....hmmm....but i can bee wrong...i only guessing :) i leave that question to someone else
Quote from Webster Molaudi $20 :( I asked the developer a way forward but now he fights with me....the problem is the plugin is still in the store, it is not his fault i understand but he just blew his top off.

Morena Milani
Morena Milani Apr 3 '18
Quote from Webster Molaudi Hi Guys, sorry to take you all off topic but i need your help, read here : https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/60551?page=1#post-224191

How long ago did you get it? and what payment method did you use? 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »
This topic is locked