We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Is it Oxwall game over? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
ArtMedia
ArtMedia Jun 17 '18

If they want create good mobile apps, they first must create api controllers to base and plugins, which provide good comunication between apps and site database

first you must clean some mess which have oxwall, optimize it and then you can create good mobile app.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 17 '18
Yes you correct about that totally agree.

I have not see they roadmap yet, but my suggest to them was optimize the core same you have already done. 

You work faster then they do i feel and you work alone they are work in a Team.

But if you alone i think it would bee hard for you create native mobile apps for both android and ios. I think you need some people join your project for that but i can bee wrong you already done alot of work alone

hmm interesting projects, both owengine and oxwallplus....

Quote from ArtMedia

If they want create good mobile apps, they first must create api controllers to base and plugins, which provide good comunication between apps and site database

first you must clean some mess which have oxwall, optimize it and then you can create good mobile app.

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jun 17 '18
ArtMedia
ArtMedia Jun 17 '18

First thing what I do - create github repository, so everyone can develop oxwall, i will be approve good changes in code. I have little exprience with ios apps, but somebody else can create mobile apps and make changes in github repo to adjust oxwall core to this app. But important thing is create this apps as open project, we can see what happens here, when all team disappear.

I dont want monopoly for this project, i work on free time, because i still want sell licences for my plugins. If somebody donate project then i spend time to develop it in my work hours

My ideas:

- new wysiwyg editor, but add function to core, where you can select what editor using with wysiwyg text field

- create new free fully responsive theme based on twitter bootsrap,

- replace all icons with fontawesome icons,

- add html templates to emails,

- add new multilamguage text fields, where you can select separate site title, description, keyword to all languages, storage it as serialize data in database.

- cache configuration options, now all values from ow_base_config is loaded everytime fully, when you select only one value,

i work with some project based on oxwall, people write to me here, pay me and i change oxwall core and awfully writed plugins other developers to theirs purposes. I know well oxwall core and have "roadmap" in my head.

I work faster for know, i disappear for about month and back on august. I little affraid that they copy my changes to their repo, but I want create fully open source project and if they copy my changes, I belive that others select oxwall plus

The Forum post is edited by ArtMedia Jun 17 '18
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jun 18 '18

Hi there,

I will PM you details

Quote from ArtMedia

First, do backup

Second, did you upload two file from oxwall updater to ow_system_plugins dir? Send me, if you want, via pm admin access and ftp access, then i can try help you, but first do backup files and mysql

you can upload oxwall plus update package and upload everything, then go on url site.com/ow_updates/index.php

gami
gami Jun 18 '18
hi, how is the experience until now that the update works? does that work with the 3rd party plugins? will oxwallPlus be compatible?
ArtMedia
ArtMedia Jun 18 '18
i try maintain compatibility with 3rd party plugins, if i change BOL classes, then I always save old classes, which are extend new, so if plugin reference to old BOL classes, they will be work via extend mechanism
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 18 '18

Notice:

Owengine release long list on features they will add on they roadmap, BUT not ONE date they going fix things.

Oxwallplus BIG advantage. Oxwallplus roadmap have dates and more trustfully for the future when there is date set always for implement things

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jun 18 '18
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 18 '18

Quote from Chris_W Anyone can set dates, keeping to them is something else.
so far oxwallplus have follow the dates on the roadmap.

better have goals to reach on a time limit then not have any (date) goals to reach . thats my opinion

So far only thing for me go for owengine is they native apps

but all other things i like much better with oxwallplus.....hmmm .....i can not decide... i need wait to see if there will bee any native apps for this forks or not and how long time need to wait for that....at least here owengine did have a release date about they native apps....if they will follow the date nobody will know now :) but i hope so

ArtMedia
ArtMedia Jun 18 '18

I perform test using file cache system. I have two sites with the same plugins, one is based on Oxwall, second is based on Oxwall Plus. Here results.

Maipage

Oxwall Plus

Page load: 0.089s (4MB)

Database: 47 queries (0.011s)

Oxwall
Page load: 0.782s (16.5MB)

Database: 83 queries (0.074s)

Blogs

Oxwall Plus
Page load: 0.074s (4MB)

Database: 38 queries (0.009s)

Oxwall
Page load: 0.220s (12.5MB)

Database: 66 queries (0.025s)

Forum

Oxwall Plus
Page load: 0.095s (4MB)

Database: 61 queries (0.019s)

Oxwall
Page load: 0.297s (11.75MB)

Database: 72 queries (0.043s)

The Forum post is edited by ArtMedia Jun 18 '18
Attachments:
  mainpage-oxwallplus.jpg (177Kb)
  mainpage-oxwall.jpg (168Kb)
  blogs-oxwallplus.jpg (174Kb)
  forum-oxwallplus.png (88Kb)
  forum-oxwall.jpg (78Kb)
  blogs-oxwall.jpg (194Kb)
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jun 18 '18
Nice. But i have error page then i try to klick on this new performance system in admin page!

So then i must try to reinstall test oxwall plus again. 

Maybe you wone se that error i get ArtMedia?

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jun 18 '18

See the picture below.

What could I have done wrong when I guarded all the possibilities?

I clicked yes on all the features. When I clicked on SAVE, I got a error page that I did not fix. But now I have installed a test again. But what should you choose and not choose here? See the picture.

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jun 18 '18
I got this page, see the picture below, after I had chosen yes for Compress JS files

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jun 18 '18
Even Compress CSS files give me a error page

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jun 18 '18
I wait to you tell me to try also:

Storage compressed files and GZip Compres

Or tell me that all this about and thy this error!

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jun 18 '18
I try to sign up on https://oxwallplus.com/join

and get this error page !

edward
edward Jun 18 '18
compression no work, oxwallplus  broke everywhere and so slow, his stats are wrong, 1 minute to load oxwallplus.com sometimes. good thing i updated to owengine faster
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jun 18 '18
The link give me onely

edward
edward Jun 18 '18

what country you from? I see website good

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jun 18 '18
I found it. but it was not possible to update the oxwall plugins! after upgrading to Owengine. Or is not the oxwall plugin compatible with Owengine?  INVALID OR EMPTY UPDATE PACK ARCHIVE
The Forum post is edited by Ketil Ervik Jun 18 '18
edward
edward Jun 18 '18
i did manual update to owengine, all my plugins work good, they give support if you have problem here forum
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »
This topic is locked