We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Is it Oxwall game over? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Lee
Lee Jun 20 '18
I imagine it's checked at the store or the update server.

The best way to test that is with a local copy of oxwall and offline. See if installing it with a valid key is possible.

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jun 20 '18
Yes first time you must klick on reset buton to install plugin. But that is happening if oxwall close the store! I dont now!

Should mean, we lose everything we have paid for, or license requirement disappears in oxwall!

The Forum post is edited by Ketil Ervik Jun 20 '18
dave Leader
dave Jun 20 '18
As long as the domain has the same IP you can install it on multiple domains.  In other words for example if you have your own server and the shared ip for that server is 123.456.789.000 and you have site1.com and site2.com that both share the same ip of 123.456.789.000 then you are fine and no reset is required.   

However if you try to install the plugin on another shared IP 123.456.789.111 then i believe it gives you a warning that the plugin is not authorized on that IP and you must use the reset button.  Once the reset button is used, the next time you run the plugin it will use that IP where the plugin is installed as the new authorized IP.

This prevents anyone from buying one copy and using it in many places outside the authorized IP.  

Worst case - I am not 100% on what would happen if the store went dark, but i suspect if it did then no plugins would work because as soon as the admin area loads i assume it would check the keys and see that no validation is possible and fail.   So IF that is true then no plugins would function and everyone would lose everything they purchased. 

I hope this is not the case but we really will not know for sure until the moment the store goes dark, IF that should happen. Because we really do not know what coding is on the store side of things in order to check the full process. 

Lee
Lee Jun 20 '18
At this time what may or may not happen is just speculation. But since skadate uses oxwall store, I do not see oxwall store closing any time soon. Unless skalfa is planning on sunsetting both oxwall and skadate.
dave Leader
dave Jun 20 '18

Quote from Lee At this time what may or may not happen is just speculation. But since skadate uses oxwall store, I do not see oxwall store closing any time soon. Unless skalfa is planning on sunsetting both oxwall and skadate.
Since noone has heard from either in a long time i would not be surprised if the whole thing imploded.  However i do agree this would be a huge downfall and is unlikely to happen.  It is always better to be prepared just in case as noone ever expected them to walk away from Oxwall as they did so who knows what will happen next month.  But whatever does happen im sure someone will come up with something to keep things going. 
The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 20 '18
Lee
Lee Jun 20 '18

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away ....

FORK WARS

May the Fork be with you ....

Quote from dave

But whatever does happen im sure someone will come up with something to keep things going. 

Lee
Lee Jun 20 '18
  The FORK is strong with this one ...

Quote from Chris_W
Quote from Lee

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away ....

FORK WARS

May the Fork be with you ....

We are trying to have a serious conversation here. . . . Stop FORKING around :)

dave Leader
dave Jun 20 '18

Quote from Chris_W
Quote from dave As long as the domain has the same IP you can install it on multiple domains.  In other words for example if you have your own server and the shared ip for that server is 123.456.789.000 and you have site1.com and site2.com that both share the same ip of 123.456.789.000 then you are fine and no reset is required. 
I have three domains with sites on the same server all sharing the same IP, but the Oxwall store still picks up on me changing the domain that the plugin is installed on.
Strange, it is possible that Ross updated the store before he left.   I had 4 sites at one time all on the same IP and running the same plugin under the same oxwall account for all.   I do remember another conversation awhile back about this so it is possible Ross made a change before things went south.
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jun 20 '18

Back up everything on the server, both database, home and mail.

No, in this situation, we can not trust this sinking ship.

The Forum post is edited by Ketil Ervik Jun 20 '18
Sean
Sean Jun 27 '18
How do we know owengine isn't this original Oxwall team trying to milk more money from us via scare tactics?
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 27 '18
+1 Sean
JB TECH
JB TECH Jun 27 '18
I believe the license validator is performed via each plugins key and the developer key included. These variables connect to check if its premium or not, and if it is, it asks for validation. I'm only theorizing that's how the store does that function, and if it is, then that means Oxwall being down would simply return something like "Error connecting to Store" or "Error validating license."
JB TECH
JB TECH Jun 27 '18
Also, am I the only one getting the e500.php error page each time I make a forum reply? My reply is posted but I'm redirected to the error 500 page after submission.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 27 '18
i get same 500 error...

why do we need pay them twice? i little bit upset about this strategy.... i must say.....

edward
edward Jun 27 '18
i updated to owengine, no problems no paid, i make money if they want to pay i can pay, if they update i make more money, i pay my internet isp, i pay my host, no problem  paying if they help make money
edward
edward Jun 27 '18
oxwall forum broken, why stay in broken forum
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 27 '18
edward you really think you will get free plugins and software forever and they work free for you forever...come down to earth....nobody working free...you are the test pilot now and they happy because that is hard work to test plugins and core and you get a bill later from then when the site have been up for 1 year the plugins they remake will cost money i promise you that...

i could support them if they was open but they acting like we should belive it is not old oxwall team and i not like that

edward
edward Jun 27 '18
i pay if i make money, if update i make money users happy, i can pay. i said
edward
edward Jun 27 '18
i pay my isp, i pay my host, i pay owengine if they help make money
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 27 '18
one thing for sure there is no sweet plans they have come up with that will make us save any money ......
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »
This topic is locked