We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Is it Oxwall game over? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
JB TECH
JB TECH May 8 '18
Skadate and Skalfa have a support staff. While Ross is one of them, the two "girls" you mention are very well support staff as well in thus you shouldn't just assume they need to mask one support member as two different ones. Your assumption makes no sense.

It took about 2 weeks, but new plugins finally got approved. I really just hate the silence of everything. I could careless at this moment about big updates or upgrades or changes, all I want is for anyone related to the core project to share a post as to what's been happening or going on, etc. It would take about 10 minutes at most, and it would ease a lot of us here.

I know alot of us have looked at the respiratory commits as hope, and the comment saying they're working slowly on small updates, but honestly not much has changed there besides some minute additions to the mailbox plugin and some small changes in the core functions. We don't need to see the open-source github get small commits every month or so, we need someone from the Oxwall Foundation to come out and say something. Even if it's one paragraph or a two sentences - anything! Someone is obviously still moderating the store, yet you can't even get an email reply from them at all. On the flipside, Skadate support is seemingly fast and the team is active in blog posts and engagement: but I guess it makes sense when you have customers giving you $1k per license instead of them using it for free.

Who knows?
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 8 '18
Jake - JB TECH Oxwall Support

Do you use skadate ticket system?

Because you talk like you know alot about skadate but i think i know more then you because i use they ticket system in 5 years soon.

1. Anna and Natacha is not feamle girls that working at skadate support and they know about oxwall coding more then many programmers do in thsi oxwall Team. i 100% sure about that even that anyone should tell the opposit i would not belive them at all. I know who one of this girls are for real but i will not tell it in this post.

2. No you wrong skadate support is not fast anymore it stopped last week for some reason that i do not know but i waited 1 week now and no respond on my tickets.

3. Ross is not longer working for skadate support. skadate have confirmed this to me only 2 weeks ago they told me he leaved skadate Team. again i think that is not fully true but if they say so. And after he leaved the skadate support was get very slow i not sure why but i not very happy because they fast support have alwasy wanted me stay with skadate but now it have stopped and very slow?

who knows what happen?

- I totally agree with you in one thing and i think we silence is no good at all and i can not stand it 

- I totally agree i not care so much about huge updates but to see some people from the TEAM active and talk with customers is something i value much more then upgrades

Ow-ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost May 8 '18
Steve
Steve May 11 '18
Chris_W Our of curiosity have you tried a different web browser than the one you usually use? Just a thought I had a similar problem and it ended up be my google chrome browser. 

ArtMedia
ArtMedia May 14 '18

i starting new fork, oxwall, completly rebuild core, system plugin, language system, template system, this will require lot work and beta version will be avaible maybe in 2019.

I wanted fork oxwall, but when i start checking core code, then i decided to completly rewrite core system to adjust it to current trends and technology.

Some screens in attachments

ArtMedia
ArtMedia May 14 '18
after release alfa version, i will start creating migrate plugin for oxwall users. This is plan.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 14 '18
ArtMedia great news!

i very much like your software support what oxwall missing right now and promise fix but never fixed.

And i talk about SEO friendly url for multilanguage websites. and to follow googles guide lines for perfect onpage SEO 

The new core should follow all new googles SEO guidelines for success be on top of google. i see you focus on that very much on that subject already and i like that.

My dream list is but i know it will take long time for you fix

1. mobile apps (no mobile apps = no fully success) that support your forked version and some MAIN plugins

2. Dating plugins or plugins built inside the core so we not need buy expensive skadate software for create a fully dating site with mobile apps.

3. Onpage SEO at top level (see you work with that very nice!)

I know my list is hard to follow but this is what need to success for me maybe not same for everyone...but i like you at least started do something many credits for that

Ow-ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost May 14 '18
Morena Milani
Morena Milani May 15 '18
Quote from ArtMedia

i starting new fork, oxwall, completly rebuild core, system plugin, language system, template system, this will require lot work and beta version will be avaible maybe in 2019.

I wanted fork oxwall, but when i start checking core code, then i decided to completly rewrite core system to adjust it to current trends and technology.

Some screens in attachments

Does this software replace current Oxwall? and the plugins we use on our sites will continue to work? I would like more information 
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi May 15 '18
I'm also keen, we will be able to carry our current data to it as well that we have ?
ArtMedia
ArtMedia May 15 '18

i focus on better multilangauge suport, my fork using other urls to any active language, if english is default then url is http://www.domain.com, if you have german language active as second, then you have this language on http://www.domain.com/de, i also create multilanguage form fields (something simillar to prestasop), where you can switching before different language and enter values in this languages, the same with menu, you create different menus to all languages which are active.

This will be new software, which born from oxwall, plugins will require customization, because i modified oxwall core, basic functions

if i release alfa, then i open github repository, where anybody can develop this plugin. Then i try create migration plugin from oxwall, I want develop plugin via crowfunding form, but we see. First release beta version

The Forum post is edited by ArtMedia May 15 '18
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik May 30 '18
And make a new forum to, so we dont have this spam idiots like we have here. Hopes you make it, and thanks for the work så far.
edward
edward May 30 '18
already exists owengine.com i see crying you here, i see nobody of you in owengine forum
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 30 '18
I like this very much :)

https://www.owengine.com/crowdfunding/project/5

I will donate , but i feel they need alot of people donate for it come real the goal money is set very high...hmm...but same time understand it a HUGE project

The question is:

If i let say donate 500 USD in a huge project like the app project, how do i know i will get anything for my money and will the project have any end date ? or refund policys?

I have suggested this 1 or 2 years ago that oxwall should have same system for create all suggestions and project and plugins from oxwall people and now i comes to reality, i like that very much someone may have listen to me. but i worry same time how many people they will get donate that use old oxwall software? If no people donate anything nothing will come alive and that is the only issue right now what i can see

Ow-ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost May 30 '18
Sumate
Sumate Jun 1 '18
Domain Name: OXWALL.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1606593030_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2017-07-16T12:52:38Z
Creation Date: 2010-07-15T09:47:00Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2018-07-15T09:47:00Z
JB TECH
JB TECH Jun 2 '18

Quote from OW-Ghost I like this very much :)

https://www.owengine.com/crowdfunding/project/5

I will donate , but i feel they need alot of people donate for it come real the goal money is set very high...hmm...but same time understand it a HUGE project

The question is:

If i let say donate 500 USD in a huge project like the app project, how do i know i will get anything for my money and will the project have any end date ? or refund policys?

I have suggested this 1 or 2 years ago that oxwall should have same system for create all suggestions and project and plugins from oxwall people and now i comes to reality, i like that very much someone may have listen to me. but i worry same time how many people they will get donate that use old oxwall software? If no people donate anything nothing will come alive and that is the only issue right now what i can see

Ow-ghost

I've received word from Owengine that they don't need that entire amount to make their app, but rather accept the donations while they're making it. I can understand where they're coming from: everyone has the right to find financial support for their work. But I will say, until the software becomes more "open" (respiratory) and more than just "core updates", I wouldn't consider giving money out.

Crowdfunding is always a sensitive topic and risky investment. It's great some people have taken an initiative to start something off the software, but I don't feel comfortable with the hype and all the "crowdfunding projects" they've put up with the only results we have now is a version of Oxwall that supports PHP 7. There's also the fact they're currently stating they will not be changing other core elements like plugins, theme layouts, etc., and just changing core functionality. I don't like this idea, as they want to receive donations for this and that, but there's only one pushed official release, and they're only planning on ow_core and nothing more.

Not saying they're not to be trusted, but it's definitely waaay too early and way to little of changes to start asking for $100 for documentation, $500 for a store plugin, $10,000 for a mobile app. Invest wisely, Oxwallers.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 2 '18
I think the guy who is the leader at owengine is from kyrgyztan i 100% sure about that. 

prove that im wrong with some video proof and i will give you 100 usd if i wrong. but i need bee very good evidence like video on he who runs it or something like that.

My concern is this is a try to milk more money out from oxwall and they money goes in pocket from some old oxwall team members again that have been famous hide they identity here in the oxwall store like "smith" and others...they popup sometimes

i will donate money when i 100% sure who the leaders are. 

Ow-ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jun 2 '18
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jun 3 '18

Quote from OW-Ghost I think the guy who is the leader at owengine is from kyrgyztan i 100% sure about that. 

prove that im wrong with some video proof and i will give you 100 usd if i wrong. but i need bee very good evidence like video on he who runs it or something like that.

My concern is this is a try to milk more money out from oxwall and they money goes in pocket from some old oxwall team members again that have been famous hide they identity here in the oxwall store like "smith" and others...they popup sometimes

i will donate money when i 100% sure who the leaders are. 

Ow-ghost

+1
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jun 3 '18
Forget bye more plugin and themes, oxwall its soon history.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 4 '18
i think if the leader for oxengine did a small video presentation about the software and who he is then he would have thousand of downloads everyday....trust is very importen for people today specially if you been turn down on the original oxwall software already...

A advice to them and i wish them good luck ...

Ow-ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jun 4 '18
dave Leader
dave Jun 4 '18
You do realize that all you are doing is trading one disaster for another dont you?    Regardless who you go with, unless there is a team and the script has established itself long term well beyond the absence of any one person then all you are doing is riding the same train to nowhereville. 

If and only if something happens to oxwall, the only valid replacement would be one managed by a team and NOT one person.   If that one person gets sick or dies then guess what folks, you are in the same boat all over again. 

I would not jump ship on oxwall just yet and i would also not run anything that has changes done to the core.  You could find yourself in real trouble and having to do more than just wonder where is oxwall.  

Stick to your current course and see if a team ever returns to the game.    Unless the lights go out then i would assume all is at least still functioning.    

If owengine becomes main stream with a team working on it one day and it is designed to go the distance regardless of any attrition, then that is the time to use it as an option.

Lee
Lee Jun 4 '18
Hi Dave,

I think people who have invested a lot of money and time into creating something with oxwall, are more concerned that they're about to lose their investment. One would assume if Oxwall was still in active development, that someone from the core team would at least acknowledge they're still around and actively working on the script. Nearly going on two years and nothing but silence is not a good sign.

Some may stick with oxwall, some may move on to owengine or some other platform. You cannot fault someone for wanting to ensure their investment is secure.

Others may just retire and go fishing. :)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »
This topic is locked