We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Is it Oxwall game over? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
dave Leader
dave Jun 28 '18

Quote from Sean How do we know owengine isn't this original Oxwall team trying to milk more money from us via scare tactics?
Sean to answer your question, we dont!   Actually we know very little about owengine. However i am hopefull that they have good character and are legit.  Sadly the only way to find out what is happening sometimes is to wait for things to go dark (regarding oxwall)

dave Leader
dave Jun 28 '18
I get the 500 also.  If you think about it, what is happening is that the reply id does not exist until you submit it, then before it is posted to the DB to update the table that id is called on and a fresh page is loaded.  You get the 500 because this is what we call a "race condition".

That means that the server has not updated the database before the same data is requested.   

If you notice once you use the back key the post is there. 

This tells me that its possible that during last weeks downtime, someone may have:

1. Made some changes to the code and causing the issue.

2. Made some changes to the server config.

3. Changed servers and its not fully configed yet. 

I hope that helps... 

Also i believe the oxwall mail server is either down or broken as i have not received any activity notices since last week. 

Rob
Rob Jun 28 '18

Hello fellow users of Oxwall community software.

Perhaps this message can provide some light in the darkness, but we recently had contact with a Skalfa employee who assured us that Oxwall would indeed continue to exist and that they were working on a new version but could not tell us when it would be Hatch.
There were also problems with the server, so the store was not available to start with.
For us as a company it would be very nice if Oxwall keeps going, but well we are also users and do not have much to bring in naturally.
Let's hope for the best.?

With regards,

Admiraliteit Imedia

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jun 28 '18
Admiraliteit Imedia

Have you got a hiccups? or is it just chopping in the record!

Rob
Rob Jun 28 '18
Hahaha, sorry Ketil Ervik but every time we placed something here we got the message that the document does not exist.!
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 28 '18
i believe the oxwall mail server is either down or broken as i have not received any activity notices since last week. 
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jun 29 '18
Yes, I have discovered that I also Admiraliteit Imedia. Seems like the problems come with all spam that just grows! It only gets worse and worse. Oxwall support is gone! Server fails and it's just getting more and more spam. What will be next? gone everything!

dave Leader
dave Jun 29 '18

Admiraliteit Imedia, please tell that skalfa employee you spoke with that if they clean up the spam on this forum then i will believe them, if not i wont.  

JB TECH
JB TECH Jun 29 '18
I want to know why these Skalfa employees are privately interacting with select few members on the platform, rather than just writing on their own blog. Like I said before, I'm sure the resources to make a simple blog post on the state of affairs for Oxwall wouldn't bankrupt their company.
Rob
Rob Jun 30 '18
People, we can only tell what we hear from Skalfa.
But we will ask this lady from Skalfa again for more information with the announcement that Oxwall will have to tackle the entire website drastically.
Skalfa has not contacted us specifically, but via the website of Skalfa we have contacted them because we also really want Oxwall to continue.
We are satisfied with the software and the related themes and plugins, but everything must continue to work well.

Perhaps others can contact Skalfa.?

With regards,

Admiraliteit Imedia

dave Leader
dave Jun 30 '18
Admiraliteit - i have tried contacting skalfa with no reply several times.  This is why i would like to see something other than rumor about this.  I would like to see a post somewhere like on the blog or here or someplace official saying such things.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 1 '18
dave skalfa support they who use skadate software, maybe thats why you not get any reply? im not sure and im just guessing....

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jul 1 '18
Have also try there chat, ticket and mail, but nothing!
Rob
Rob Jul 2 '18

Through their (Skalfa) website we sent a message via the contact form about the ups and downs at the moment in the store.
A ticket has been made for this at Skalfa.
We have this answer from Linda Dotson (see attach).
Recently on Saturday, June 30 (in the Netherlands) we have responded to this answer, but until today (July 2) no answer has been received.
We do not know how seriously we should take Skalfa, but we wait a while before we transfer our websites to another platform.
And yes Dave, it would be indeed better from Skalfa/Oxwall if they would make a statement but that's why we say how seriously we should take Skalfa.?
Doing nothing is not a solution.!

Sincerely,

Admiraliteit Imedia

Morena Milani
Morena Milani Jul 3 '18

I contacted skalfa for the problems of the forum that was full of spammers and various ads and I think they have suspended and eliminated.

I have not yet received an answer regarding the software. 

Rob
Rob Jul 3 '18
We have had contact with Skalfa several times today, and they know about the problems and are therefore working hard to solve them.
We do not know if there is a newer version of the basic software, but we have been informed that they are working on it.
Fingers crossed then.?

With regards,

Admiraliteit Imedia
Morena Milani
Morena Milani Jul 3 '18
Quote from Admiraliteit Imedia We have had contact with Skalfa several times today, and they know about the problems and are therefore working hard to solve them.
We do not know if there is a newer version of the basic software, but we have been informed that they are working on it.
Fingers crossed then.?

With regards,

Admiraliteit Imedia
let's hope 
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jul 4 '18
They fix server problems, despite the fact that the domain is about to expire! Obviously they can not remove the spam problem! and does not answer questions from users! Yes, do not tell a shiit to anyone. How in the world should we relate to all this!
Sven
Sven Jul 9 '18
So pity to hear, because I kinda love Oxwall !
But let's move on.
Any good alternatives? 

I've found Friendica?

https://friendi.ca/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »
This topic is locked