We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Is it Oxwall game over? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Sean
Sean Mar 23 '18
I'm not sure if I will add it to the store yet, if Oxwall is dead I'm not sure I see the point of adding more plugins here, I was going to create my own site on which to sell my plugins and offer custom Oxwall support.

It uses a custom suspend screen.

It works with mobile phones, not tested with web apps.
Quote from OW-Ghost
Quote from Sean I have made a fingerprint plugin that uses IP address, browser and hardware information. It is not publicly available on the store at the moment though.
Great news :) 

- Will we see it in the oxwall store? 

- is it use the "standard suspend screen" or a custom suspend screen?

- Do you think it would work with mobile phones and mobile apps?

dave Leader
dave Mar 23 '18
The problem is Sean is the people here have been beatin up before from sites outside of oxwall selling plugins over the years, and they have learned not to buy from any source outside of oxwall.   

Plus if i remember correctly the oxwall dev license does say that you must only sell your plugins in the store.   Someone can correct me if i am wrong.

Marius
Marius Mar 24 '18

A solution, if the oxwall closes.

If the license is no longer valid ( because oxwall closes ):  rewriting plugin and theme codes for use . Who knows how to modify ?

Users have paid plugins and themes. They must be able to use them. 

Create a new site in advance for technical support ... and announce here.

Sorry for my English.

The Forum post is edited by Marius Mar 24 '18
dave Leader
dave Mar 24 '18
Marius, if that happens you cant just take over the plugin, it still belongs to the developer and he still has rights to his belongings.  You paid to use the plugin, it does not mean you own it ever unless the dev says so.

That would be like saying "well toys-r-us is closing ill just take what i want and walk out the door"  its still theft...    A license is a license is a license, which is why i wrote oxwall just in case to see if they would release a license to me or someone else that wanted to take it over.

Remember folks this is "IF" something happens, it has not happened yet! 

Chris, ask SD he seems to know how to do that :)

Sean
Sean Mar 24 '18
Well then Dave Oxwall need to sort them f*&(king selves out.

I will sell my plugins where I like and if you look at my plugin ratings you will see I support my plugins and customers.
Quote from dave The problem is Sean is the people here have been beatin up before from sites outside of oxwall selling plugins over the years, and they have learned not to buy from any source outside of oxwall.   

Plus if i remember correctly the oxwall dev license does say that you must only sell your plugins in the store.   Someone can correct me if i am wrong.

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Mar 24 '18
They can't pull the plug on everything... not if they still want to be in business with Skadate.

Overall, I'm confident Oxwall will return at some point. Skadate which relies heavily on Oxwall (like the rest of us) is still up and running.
Quote from dave Rebecca, 

that works as long as they stay alive.  But if they go dark then most everything is lost, plugins become useless and im not even sure the admin will load without a valid connection to the mother ship.   So unless you are maintaning the code in a way that bypasses all of that (which is outside of the license agreement) then you will have the same issue as rest of us if they pull the plug.   

Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Mar 24 '18

Hi @Everybody!

Let's chill out guys, Oxwall is not closing. And if they do, your plugins will still be working.

The license checking system is running on oxwall.org which Expires on 2020-07-15 

www.Oxwall.com is being used for the Oxwall paid version and this subdomain "developers.oxwall.com" for everything else (info and forum mostly).

@Chris_W, @Sean, @Marius

You CAN do what you want with your own plugins (made by you) as long as you read all the TOS and Licenses of Oxwall to make sure aren't breaking any. 

You can NOT do whatever you want with everybody else's plugins and software, you better take the legal path or you will have a lot of trouble in near future. Avoid legal penalties. 

If you still prefer do whatever you want, then just do it, do not answer to this message, just do it and pray to not have any legal issue.

+1 @Ebenezer Obasi

+1 @dave

@Chris_W

I'm already working in a "mirror" server to have a backup of all this forum and website in case the domain Oxwall.com is down someday. I will post the new url soon, so you will be able take a look in case you need to. Store not included.

Senior Developer.

The Forum post is edited by Senior Developer Mar 24 '18
dave Leader
dave Mar 24 '18
That is good news SD.. 

To anyone that thinks they can just take my hard work and make it their own without permision... all i have to say is "see you in court" and "make sure you have money in the bank"  

This is another reason im all for plugin encoding. Its another reason that many devs have left here and said screw you all because of that very attitude.  

Sean i never said anything about your customer service, and thats great you take care of them.  I was only making a point about the oxwall developer license.

The Forum post is edited by dave Mar 24 '18
Marius
Marius Mar 24 '18

@Senior Developer

It's not about legality. Everybody wants to be licensed. But if it is abandoned and software developers do not provide support?  a solution must be found. Legally, of course, for all users oxwall software .

The Forum post is edited by Marius Mar 24 '18
Senior Developer Leader

@Marius I agree, a solution will be provided by me and others if and when the time comes.

Right now you better focus in making your website growing because your plugins will still be working (at least) until 2020-07-15. 

If something happens before or after that date, I will be here to put my backup and checking license system up and running in no time.

+1 @dave

Senior Developer.

Senior Developer Leader

@Chris_W

You can sue them and you win, you get more money than what you would have won running your website. Illegal acts is plain wrong. No matter what.

It is not like your life is over or you are doing it in self defense.

I already said that, if you still prefer to do it in your way, nobody stops you, just pray to not be sued and all your money taken away.

But that will not happen, so just forget about it for now, and let's get back from this "imaginary scenario" and we may talk about it in 2 years from now.

Senior Developer.

The Forum post is edited by Senior Developer Mar 24 '18
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 24 '18
There is and will never bee any legal system in kyrgyzstan i think one of the top ten corrupted countrys in the world where this team are stay and live at....(if i know they stay that country 4-5 years ago i would never buy a skadate/oxwall software)

I guess you need bee very rich for sue some guys in kyrgyzstan if you not live there and have many good corrupted police and lawyers contacts that you payed alot of money to help you :)

BUT there is better ways to get revenge then sue people but i will not tell what ways in this topic because still they have not destroyed my business so i not going sue them or try revenge on them...they just ignore us with little respect and i feel we should have SOME respect for sponsor this project in many years. with only 5-8 developers left and no customers what will this software bee? 

SOMEONE need do the hard work analyze all plugins and tell the developers fix all bugs that we see that they not see! and that we BUYERS do FREE all the time and what we get is no respect back for make this platform much better everyday same as the developer do. when i say respect i MEAN they could at least tell something about the FUTURE for this platform that will probably take them 10-15 minutes of they oxwall developer time time to do so. i have always learned to respect other people that specially help me and help me earn money! because that what we do help them earn money both developers and buyers. but how can WE earn money if the core never updates and way behind our competioners software? it is not always enough with 5-8 developers that make plugins some NEW features,better SEO and multilanguage SEO, oxwall mobile apps devleopment, bug fixes and many other things need bee added to the platform for not stay at 2015 we are at 2018 now!

ow-ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Mar 24 '18
Morena Milani
Morena Milani Mar 25 '18
Quote from OW-Ghost There is and will never bee any legal system in kyrgyzstan i think one of the top ten corrupted countrys in the world where this team are stay and live at....(if i know they stay that country 4-5 years ago i would never buy a skadate/oxwall software)

I guess you need bee very rich for sue some guys in kyrgyzstan if you not live there and have many good corrupted police and lawyers contacts that you payed alot of money to help you :)

BUT there is better ways to get revenge then sue people but i will not tell what ways in this topic because still they have not destroyed my business so i not going sue them or try revenge on them...they just ignore us with little respect and i feel we should have SOME respect for sponsor this project in many years. with only 5-8 developers left and no customers what will this software bee? 

SOMEONE need do the hard work analyze all plugins and tell the developers fix all bugs that we see that they not see! and that we BUYERS do FREE all the time and what we get is no respect back for make this platform much better everyday same as the developer do. when i say respect i MEAN they could at least tell something about the FUTURE for this platform that will probably take them 10-15 minutes of they oxwall developer time time to do so. i have always learned to respect other people that specially help me and help me earn money! because that what we do help them earn money both developers and buyers. but how can WE earn money if the core never updates and way behind our competioners software? it is not always enough with 5-8 developers that make plugins some NEW features,better SEO and multilanguage SEO, oxwall mobile apps devleopment, bug fixes and many other things need bee added to the platform for not stay at 2015 we are at 2018 now!

ow-ghost

I agree, I use three different platforms for other sites that I have done and update almost every month. In Italy the Oxwall platform is unknown if you ask programmers to fall from the stars. I had two possibilities when I created my Dolphin or Oxwall site. I chose Oxwall because I saw potential and its simplicity for those who register that I confess the Italians are not very familiar with computer science. I must continue to explain the functions or are afraid of making mistakes :). 
dave Leader
dave Mar 25 '18
Interesting   Alex James and  Emil Sarnogoev are the same person... 
dave Leader
dave Apr 1 '18
Have you all seen this 

https://www.owengine.com/index

I dont know who it is that is doing this or if it is legal or not, i am only sharing the like that was shared with me..

They say it will work with all current plugins... i dont know if thats true or not

Morena Milani
Morena Milani Apr 1 '18
Quote from dave Have you all seen this 

https://www.owengine.com/index

I dont know who it is that is doing this or if it is legal or not, i am only sharing the like that was shared with me..

They say it will work with all current plugins... i dont know if thats true or not

To be legal you have to buy the Oxwall license and then carry on the software as an owner. As in all activities 
Morena Milani
Morena Milani Apr 1 '18
Quote from Chris_W What is interesting is the Owengine website has the "Powered by Oxwall" logo at the bottom.
Exactly, I took a case too. 
Morena Milani
Morena Milani Apr 1 '18
Quote from Chris_W What is interesting is the Owengine website has the "Powered by Oxwall" logo at the bottom.
To me if you try to open the site in the desktop gives me error 503 
Morena Milani
Morena Milani Apr 1 '18
Quote from Chris_W The other odd thing that occurred to me is, given the lack of activity by the Oxwall team/dev's on here, and the lack of core updates etc. . . Why haven't owengine been on here posting the virtues of their new Oxwall compatible software?

It would seem to be either a scam, or a genuine project that has stalled for whatever reason, legal, financial, who knows?

From the mobile version I looked at the forum and I realized that it is a deceptive website. 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 1 '18
100% sure the owners are from some russian speaking country (probably kyrgyztan) but i can bee totaly wrong. If they put they faces and real identity at the website i would bee happy join the project. but never again i join some platform before i 100% sure what guys and from what country they run the platform.

If they are seriously im seriously to that how it works!

No more invest money on ghost people

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Apr 1 '18
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »
This topic is locked