We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Is it Oxwall game over? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
dave Leader
dave Jun 5 '18
Thanks Chris -  but just a quick popin to check things out is all.  Lee - I dont fish all of the time, just when your online lmao (:>_). 

+1 to you both.  I am glad that you can pop back and forth with no issue, that is good.

I suppose i could have been clearer in my statement.  I was not saying that anyone should not do what they felt was best for thier investment.  The only point i wanted to make was that one of the major challenges seems to be the lack of a team supporting a product and jumping to the other script does not solve that issue.   
Just because the other car might have new tires and a oil change does not really change that challenge.  Unless it becomes organized to where support is not based on any one person. 

Whats that i hear - the bass are calling my name :)  

JB TECH
JB TECH Jun 5 '18

"If owengine becomes main stream with a team working on it one day and it is designed to go the distance regardless of any attrition, then that is the time to use it as an option."

This 100%. My personal reasons for not trying out owengine extends to this statement, for the most part. Firstly, it is a quick popup out of nowhere from seemingly anonymous individuals with no real mission statement, no major promise, just a lot of Crowdfunding projects. That's the bit that worries me at the moment.

When I suggested a good step for separating themselves from Oxwall would be to add mobile support to all the core plugins, I was told OWengine is only there for changing the core functionality of Oxwall, i.e only messing with some of the code in ow_core. Yet, at the same time, they're wanting crowdfunding such as $800 to make a "basic store plugin", $100 to "make software documentation", or $10,000 for progress on the "open source mobile app." Somewhere in their forums they told a user about donating that they only accept donations from their "customers" (another mystery).

Why would this new go-to claim to only be a core changed software yet everything else that should be an aspect of changing the software be achieved through crowdfunding? I understand asking for donations to support the work is completely fine, but it just doesn't add up right to me. Especially since the only major change there seems to be is the support of PHP 7.

I will be more faithful to the project when it 1) actually goes open-source and gets up on Github/Bitbucket/Gitlab, or some other respiratory for us all to contribute. 2) when the OWEngine team and their mission are unveiled and made clear. 3) When it aims to actually change functionality for all of the software (e.g core plugins, libraries, layouts) and not just "the core." 4) A store is available to encourage plugin/theme developers to convert over.

So far, the only thing encouraging for owengine is that is has put out one release. I see no reason for actually taking part in any of their crowdfunding when they won't accept donations from just anyone, and especially the fact there's no evidence any of the promised items are actually being worked on.

That's my take in full on the matter. Dave is right. Again, invest wisely.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 5 '18
If it is old oxwall team that start owengine then they will get first 50 usd for remove oxwall logo and then 50 usd for remove owengine logo . it will make them earn 100 usd instead of before 50 usd and if they start change the core so they own plugins start not support then they will earn money on they old plugins again that they will remake with donation 

for me to donate and support owengine i need to know who is behind this project. when they face starts popup i will invest. i not understand who you others support pay double the money if it is the old team members start this?

they are proffesional guys not amatuers about oxwall i can feel that when they talking....and my guess the leader is from kyrgyztan but i hope i wrong :)

Dave you are a true oxwaller you can not stop post here sometimes....hehe...nice to see you are not leave fully

ow-ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jun 5 '18
Morena Milani
Morena Milani Jun 5 '18
Hi Dave, I'm happy to see friendly people giving me motivation to continue with Oxwall. I share the thought of Dave and Jake. Owengine does not give me security, it's not clear who's behind it. A serious team shows and with the due criteria.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 5 '18
It is same issue with owenigne nobody knows who behind it yet. And okey i could support old oxwall team if it is them who open owengine, but only if they play open cards who they are. i not like this game here on oxwall and i not like this game at owengine. play some open cards who you are, i not like gambling with money. i see some very bad people and good people from oxwall team and i not want support the bad people i supported already. thye will not trick me one more time invest money in people who not care if you business goes under and popup with new profiles all the time....that is very dirty game and i hope folk invest visely

and at least you on right track ...

Quote from Morena Milani Hi Dave, I'm happy to see friendly people giving me motivation to continue with Oxwall. I share the thought of Dave and Jake. Owengine does not give me security, it's not clear who's behind it. A serious team shows and with the due criteria.

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jun 5 '18
JB TECH
JB TECH Jun 5 '18
A quick whois returns a WhoisGuard Protected report, so that's even less reassuring. I can understand using such protections for private business-based registrars, but for something claiming to be open-source and always privatizing all of your organizations information is never a good impression.
Lee
Lee Jun 5 '18
I understand peoples reluctance at accepting a fork of oxwall. But not knowing who is behind it is not really a game changer - that sounds more like paranoia based on past bad experiences. Most people do not know who is behind oxwall, or any platform for that matter, and they still choose to install and use it. In the case of oxwall, we know its skalfa, but do you know who is behind say Social Engine without doing a whois record search? Do you care as long as the software does what you want it to?

As far as the donations, its possible they have private donors who wish to remain anonymous. That is not a crime.  Its also not mandatory that you donate money for the project. There are other ways to donate to help a project, such as you can donate your time to make suggestions or help those who are having issues.

They are focusing on the core. Anytime you fork a project, your first priority will always be the core. Then you move onto development of plugins and themes or rely on 3rd party. I doubt they can legally change the core plugins/themes as they were created by oxwall. Which means they will have to develop their own core plugins. 

How about a different perspective. 

If anyone here remembers the B2 project from years back. Most people probably never heard of it. It simply imploded and then it was forked by three people. Two people decided to go off and create wordpress, one person decided to create B2Evolution. They're both very popular software platforms now, but at the time most people knew nothing about them. 

The Forum post is edited by Lee Jun 5 '18
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 6 '18
Lee

If you spend 10 000 USD (core,plugins) on someone we call him "Alex" for help you with you software and help you build plugins and help you with support. 

Suddenly he disappears with your money and never comes back again and stop reply to your messages.

And then he comes back with a fake profile with a new username and selling plugins in the store after some months and the plugins are "fake" not working fully.

And after that he open a new website for get more money out from the old plugins and core software.

Would you bee bee very interrested put you money in "alex" pockets?

Do you call that "paranoia" ?

You have no respect for me or anyone who spend money on bad developers here at oxwall under over 5 years of my time here when you say like that.

i guess you new here when you say like that?

because this store and software is like wild western with a lof of scammers that thinking everyday how they can milk more money out from oxwall and this people i not want support . 

Again play open cards who you are i not like gamble with my money anymore

But for you it sounds i can put money in same bad people forever i not care ...lol.....please thinking before you say something

A importen question: How much money have you invested in oxwall and old oxwall team developers? 

Ow-ghost

(ps. there is some good people (developers) here at oxwall and they i can invest money in but not scammers and thiefs)

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jun 6 '18
edward
edward Jun 6 '18
i paid 0 nothing ゼロ for owengine update php7, paranoia is you pay zero and harassing owengine men, they helping for free
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 6 '18
edward

is Lee owengine men? i talk about Lee and he have no respect to me and others when he call it paranoia

if someone try call me paranoid i need respond to that, it is a offend

Chris_W NOBODY in this world can working free NOBODY everyone needs money to live same as you needs. so if you dreaming about a free software dream on ...

Lee
Lee Jun 6 '18
Ghost, 

I was online before there was an internet. I ran my own BBS and I worked on computers when the Apple II was first launched. I am not new to oxwall. 

If you invested 10,000 USD then you are willingly investing the money without any sort of guarantee. There are scammers on every platform. You will find them operating on just about all platforms both paid and free. If you feel you have been ripped off online, I would consult a legal expert in your country and take legal action if possible against the developer of those plugins or themes. 

What makes it paranoia is when you demand someone confess to you who they are. That is nonsense. If you are afraid that any fork of oxwall may be former oxwall staff, that is paranoia. If you are afraid of getting ripped off, then grip your wallet tighter. If you do not trust owengine then do not use it. 

You can install and run oxwall or owengine for free. No one is twisting your arm or holding a gun to your head to force you to buy or invest any amount of money.

edward
edward Jun 6 '18

Quote from Chris_W Lee has nothing to do with OWengine.

OWengine is free if you decide not to donate, as is any open source project. no one is going to knock on your door with a gun!  All this chat is pointless, the choice is yours, no one is forcing you to donate. Donate or don't donate, make no difference, you can still use it.  Those that have donated and do in the future have and will make their own choices.

+1

hope they stay in old oxwall, i no like poisonous men
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 6 '18
LEE,

<<<<<<<What makes it paranoia is when you demand someone confess to you who they are. That is nonsense. If you are afraid that any fork of oxwall may be former oxwall staff, that is paranoia. If you are afraid of getting ripped off, then grip your wallet tighter. If you do not trust owengine then do not use it. >>>>>

- i never "demand" i would like to know , that is a big difference!

- bee more secure then you was last time is not paranoi it is sign that you learned something from the past and bee more careful in the future and not do some bad mistake again.

<<<<<<<You can install and run oxwall or owengine for free. No one is twisting your arm or holding a gun to your head to force you to buy or invest any amount of money.<<<<<<<

I have nver say i forced do that i just tell that i need know who is behind this project before i invest or use this software. that is normal for me but maybe not normal for you. oh i forget it is paranoi...lol

I feel very sorry for this developers that working all day and night and people are only interesting get free software and dream about it will continue bee like this forever.

Imagine if this india developer that have 100 plugins n oxwall store open a site like ow-engine and start change the core after 1 year and then say he need money for make the plugins working on his new modify core? would that not bee good business? but he hide his identity so they not know now they need pay twice for his project that he left broken 2 years ago with many angry payed members.

if people want bee scammed twice and not care who is behind the project, then it is just jump on next anonumous project and hope for the best.

here is some GOOD THING about Owengine.

- I like the idea that i was bring up here before about donate for projects and plugins that i feel they have stolen from me but maybe not we will never know but i just happy they make that idea reality. because it is a nice way for get payed for ideas and make them happens. ( I have soooo many ideas that i want come reality:)

- I like they put effort in create native mobile apps. very good thinking for the future.

- support php7

Ow-ghost

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 6 '18
edward

Im sure if i look into your old oxwall website i would see some plugins i created.

Right now you support one of my ideas i was bring up here 2 years ago ,owengine have it on they website.

I have done al ot for oxwall and skadate for help them solve issues in 5 years.

but i not want any thank you for anything of this i done i do it all FREE and like share my ideas. i just want people stop call other people paranoid when they want to bee safe with they investment for the future. it is nothing wrong with that. owengine developers need money sooner or later .nobody can sit everyday coding for free. 

with all this said i support owengine fully...but i not ready jump on the train yet 

Ow-Ghost

dave Leader
dave Jun 6 '18
Im sure ow_ghost and tammy will whip owengine into shape in no time. lol 
Lee
Lee Jun 6 '18
I am sure their efforts won't go unnoticed. Come over to the dark side, Dave. They have cookies!

Quote from dave Im sure ow_ghost and tammy will whip owengine into shape in no time. lol 

dave Leader
dave Jun 7 '18
U know i was being sarcastic right lol 
Lee
Lee Jun 7 '18
Of course I know that. I also know you cannot say no to free cookies. :)

Quote from dave U know i was being sarcastic right lol 

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 7 '18

+1

LeeYesterday, 09:53PM

I am sure their efforts won't go unnoticed.

JB TECH
JB TECH Jun 7 '18

I don't know about OW-Ghost or some of the more, let's say outspoken, characters of the Oxwall Forum, but I don't see the Owengine team being "harassed."

I myself am simply sharing my own personal opinion in regards to the "hype" around it: it just came out of nowhere, and with the way things are currently, it's by no means something you should update into, throw your money at, and swear by. That's all I've been trying to say.

Lol.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »
This topic is locked